If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour...

Bumpypotato

On the arena tour i'd like to see them do a proper 'in the round' show with people standing and sitting right the way around a stage in the middle, rather than like the American resistance shows which were pretty much a standard setup with people sat around the back. Saw Metallica do it on there latest tour and thought it worked really well...just not so sure if Muse could pull it off with only 3 members.

Dont think they should try that in a stadium though (U2 360 style), generally not a fan of that because it's too big and you end up with things like obstructed views to worry about

My vision:

Delorean, Back to the Future Mod. Matt from somewhere starts playin Johnny B. Goode slowly, speeding up with the car as it speeds down a huge runway before the pyrotechnics kick in at 88 and send it underneath the flying saucer-shaped stage that is now mid-air, attention taken initially by the marvellous Delorean, Smoke piles from beneath the saucer stage to cover up the fact the car is going underneath and out of the stadium.

Wtf? Is the initial thought among the fans. But then, instruments and gear rise up from the space-ship, still floating bear in mind, due to some crazy engineering and a lot of wires. Finally, a man appears out of the smoke below in silver, goes to the mic and announces that all our base our belong to them. 'Who?' We wonder. But then... Epic Orchestral KoC begins playing as Matt, Chris, and Dom, all appear from even more smoke and flares, lots of flares, flares in time of the KoC beat.

Then lots of lights, the smoke was actually from a shit-ton of weed, and Matt crowd-surfing after jumping from the saucer in a flying-squirrel suit which lets him glide gracefully into the screaming fangirls. A break is taken so that matt can position himself beneath the saucer which emits green light and beams him up, Scotty [Platforms and shiz, like a mini-elevator thing... More invisible wires]

That's all I got so far. :happy:

Backing screens, loads of lights and nout else.

The towers looked immense but limited the show too much. The BH&R arena setup was just awful, so cluttered and messy. R&L was ideal but I doubt Muse will do anything that simple again :(.

Tbh, the Absolution setup (i.e. festivals 2004 and Earls Court 2004) was absolutely perfect.

:yesey:

have a stage floor made up of mirrors and hang a massive glitter ball down from the rafters.. with a bar on stage so the boys can dish out cocktails

either that or do a guns and roses thing and have sofas on stage made up like a living room so chris and matt can chill whist Dom works the chops, with a beer fridge stocked up.

in any case keep the giant screens which were used for the R+L shows and let Tom and co work their magic on the graphics.

Yes. As much as I appreciate the visuals, when I go to their gig, I want to see Muse, not pretty images or a pretty stage.

of course, first and foremost its about the music, everything else is secondary. dont need any gimmicks really. Lets have some smaller venues please with maybe the odd secret show :LOL:

I'd keep the visuals for Nishe. That was really nice in my opinion. Having the Muse logo made up out of a collage of loads of fan's faces, sort of saying that the fans are the foundations of the band and showing some appreciation. I don't know, maybe I'm reading a little too much into it :p

haha. i am unsure of the space i would be good to work with, but i would for sure want some sort of large scale projection of the band's silhouettes on a back splash

its really just a collection of LED zones and projected splashes for visualisations and pre-renders

but i would have to do something that interacts with both the band by position/stance, along with the audio that his happening at the second

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this photo randomly

624050998_7a0f5ccc0a_b.jpg

Surprising how much darker it was at the French gig which was only what, just under a week after Wembley.

Anyway! Made me think that, that stage looks awesome in the dark, but would've been so much better if it was just the huge screen and satellite dishes. None of the triangles and those 3 other weird things. Maybe do a combination of that and the Reading one, where they had the normal stage lights to the side and behind the screen, so they shone through whenever the screen wasn't used

Archived