If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour...

Bumpypotato

The title says it all. If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour, what would it look like? :)

Ooh good idea for a thread

Hmm...maybe something really bombastic made of glass or entirely clear, I'm thinking like Dr. Manhattans glass/watch palace on Mars (from Watchmen)...speaking of which I'm surprised Matt hasn't drawn any inspiration from the graphic novel...it's supremely weird enough for him I would think.

I'd really like something similar to the R/L setup. Minimalist in the actual stage but the giant screen in the background. Anything to give space to the moving ground yet allow the visuals to be big.

I guess I'll come up with more ideas as more info from the new album comes around.

Ooh good idea for a thread

Hmm...maybe something really bombastic made of glass or entirely clear, I'm thinking like Dr. Manhattans glass/watch palace on Mars (from Watchmen)...speaking of which I'm surprised Matt hasn't drawn any inspiration from the graphic novel...it's supremely weird enough for him I would think.

hmm, yeah, I like that! Would be one hell of a stage, I can say that! Yeah, it's bit surprising he doesn't seem to have drawn inspiration from it. It has all the things he likes! :LOL:

The R/L stage was my favourite one they've produced for a while. All I ask for next tour is...

- Nice new visuals

- More 'creative' lighting? (which works alongside where the song is a bit better, it wasn't bad on the last tour but I'm just into good lighting for some reason...)

- No gimmicks

I don't mind props, but just not LOADS of them. Good ones were Origin of Symmetry pitchforks and HAARP satellites. One nice thing to look at, but most of the attention was on the band. The stadium tour was a bit too much of a mess of 'things' to be looking at. I know they weren't all at once, but it meant a lot of people will remember most of the tour by the lines of 'ZOMG THE STAGE WAS MASSIVE' and 'ZOMG DID YOU SEE THE UFO'S?!', as opposed to how the actual performance was.

- No shiny suits.

Backing screens, loads of lights and nout else.

The towers looked immense but limited the show too much. The BH&R arena setup was just awful, so cluttered and messy. R&L was ideal but I doubt Muse will do anything that simple again :(.

Tbh, the Absolution setup (i.e. festivals 2004 and Earls Court 2004) was absolutely perfect.

Backing screens, loads of lights and nout else.

The towers looked immense but limited the show too much. The BH&R arena setup was just awful, so cluttered and messy. R&L was ideal but I doubt Muse will do anything that simple again :(.

Tbh, the Absolution setup (i.e. festivals 2004 and Earls Court 2004) was absolutely perfect.

Agreed. Earls Court's stage setup was perfect.

I actually liked the BH&R European arena tour setup but really disliked Wembley's stage.

Something big but not overwhelming.

It's all fun doing stuff like the towers or the stadium pyramind (they were amazing spectaculars) but that kinda impacts on doing a rock show, as the sets seemed to be more fluid and ready to mix up when they took away the stuff for the Asian and European festival shows.

I'm not too keen though on the simple big-screen stuff though - that's been done so many times by so many artists. You can't have a show without the big screens but putting emphasis on it has been done so many times that it's too simple.

Something inventive with the video screens that doesn't limit the show to a routine setlist is my preference. I like the idea of broken up video shards coming from the ceiling, like the extra screens at Roskilde Festival.

The R/L stage was my favourite one they've produced for a while. All I ask for next tour is...

- Nice new visuals

- More 'creative' lighting? (which works alongside where the song is a bit better, it wasn't bad on the last tour but I'm just into good lighting for some reason...)

- No gimmicks

I don't mind props, but just not LOADS of them. Good ones were Origin of Symmetry pitchforks and HAARP satellites. One nice thing to look at, but most of the attention was on the band. The stadium tour was a bit too much of a mess of 'things' to be looking at. I know they weren't all at once, but it meant a lot of people will remember most of the tour by the lines of 'ZOMG THE STAGE WAS MASSIVE' and 'ZOMG DID YOU SEE THE UFO'S?!', as opposed to how the actual performance was.

THIS.

Lighting, lasers, some pyrotechnics and video visuals are cool. Huge stage gimmicks mask the music, and make the possibility for more "Spinal Tap" moments. Muse are NOT a boring band. They don't NEED all that crap! :)

Big screen(HAARP,R/L) and more focus on the music.

Towers where ok but the stadium pyramid stage was way to big.

Edit: But i guess they just don't want to make a good concert in the musical way they want to make someting bombastic adn something we will remember.

I saw Muse in 2003 on the Abso tour and liked the stage set, no clutter.

I've been to three Kasabian gigs in the last few weeks and they have a fairly bare stage set. My focus was entirely on the band, they don't need towers, platforms or UFOs, their performance is superb in it's own right.

Bring that back Muse, no more gimmicks.

THE BAND SHOULD BE LOWERED DOWN BY WIRES ONTO A MOUNTAIN OF FLAMING DIAMOND SKULLS

FOR EVERY NOTE THAT MATT PLAYS, EXACTLY FOUR (4) CANNONS SHALL FIRE RANDOMLY INTO THE AUDIENCE

THE CANNONS SHALL FIRE TITANIUM CANNONBALLS THAT ARE ALSO ON FIRE

DOM'S DRUMKIT WILL BE MADE OF lCE, AND WILL BE MELTED AWAY BY THE FLAMETHROWERS ABOVE HIS HEAD OVER THE COURSE OF THE SHOW.

CHRIS' BASS WILL BE MADE OF GLASS, AND IT SHALL BE SMASHED AFTER EVERY (EVERY) SONG

UFOS WILL RANDOMLY SELECT TEN AUDIENCE MEMBERS AT THE START OF EACH SONG, AND WILL DROP THEM FROM A HEIGHT OF FIFTY FEET

THE FALLING CORPSES WILL ENHANCE THE MUSIC

ALL THE STEWARDS SHALL BE GIVEN FLAMETHROWERS, BLINDFOLDS, AND HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGS BEFORE EACH SHOW

BEFORE EACH ENCORE, THE STAGE WILL BE CONSUMED BY DARKNESS (NOTE: THE POWER OF DARKNESS MUST BE HARNESSED TO DO THIS) AND A NEW ONE SHALL BE CONSTRUCTED BEFORE THE BAND RETURNS

FEELING GOOD SHALL NOT BE PLAYED

THE BAND SHOULD BE LOWERED DOWN BY WIRES ONTO A MOUNTAIN OF FLAMING DIAMOND SKULLS

FOR EVERY NOTE THAT MATT PLAYS, EXACTLY FOUR (4) CANNONS SHALL FIRE RANDOMLY INTO THE AUDIENCE

DOM'S DRUMKIT WILL BE MADE OF lCE, AND WILL BE MELTED AWAY BY THE FLAMETHROWERS ABOVE HIS HEAD OVER THE COURSE OF THE SHOW.

CHRIS' BASS WILL BE MADE OF GLASS, AND IT SHALL BE SMASHED AFTER EVERY (EVERY) SONG

UFOS WILL RANDOMLY SELECT TEN AUDIENCE MEMBERS AT THE START OF EACH SONG, AND WILL DROP THEM FROM A HEIGHT OF FIFTY FEET

ALL THE STEWARDS SHALL BE GIVEN FLAMETHROWERS, BLINDFOLDS, AND HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGS BEFORE EACH SHOW

BEFORE EACH ENCORE, THE STAGE WILL BE CONSUMED BY DARKNESS (NOTE: THE POWER OF DARKNESS MUST BE HARNESSED TO DO THIS) AND A NEW ONE SHALL BE CONSTRUCTED BEFORE THE BAND RETURNS

Indeed.

:LOL: Oh man, can I sig this?

NO U

Archived