Message Board Updates

Niall

We're now supporting soundcloud embedding. The tag is [soundcloud], just insert the url of the soundcloud page you want to link to between the tags.

For example, for the music on http://soundcloud.com/fakhrirahman/muse-the-groove-live

Just use:

[sοundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/fakhrirahman/muse-the-groove-live[/sοundcloud]

To make

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/fakhrirahman/muse-the-groove-live[/soundcloud]

Remember, no linking to studio versions of Muse songs.

In case you didn't know we have, we have Tapatalk support for the board installed.

Tapatalk is an app available on most platforms that you can use to access and interact with any message board that supports it.

To read Tapatalk's informative promotional material look here:

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:

77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Forum Moderation support:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbb.jpg

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

• 3 weeks later...

We've made some small updates to the rules, primarily regarding the use of nsfw and hidden tags for images and with regards to linking to fan fiction (we have historically not tolerated the posting of this despite it not being in the board rules).

We'd like to stress the importance of using nsfw tags when it is appropriate as opposed to spoiler or hidden tags because nsfw tags do not let images load until they are opened, meaning they will, for example, not be found in the cache of your work computer unless you open then, which is not true for hidden or spoiler tags.

Rules 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11 remain unchanged. Rules 2 has been changed to explicitly mention infractions as opposed to "punishments of the anal kind" (sorry if you hoped otherwise). Rule 9 has been changed to include financial details (the "Samanthrax clause"). Rule 10 now contains no references to deleting accounts instead of banning them.

It's also worth reminding everyone that certain situations are subject to rules not mentioned in the overall board rules, for example, in the MuseBay thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've added two new fields for tumblr and SoundCloud so you can link them to your profile on the Board, with buttons so that they'll appear next to any post you make like the existing Facebook, twitter, Xbox Live ones.

If there are any others you think would be suitable (Pinterest, Pottermore?) PM me or otherwise let me know :)

Edit, now Google Plus, Pinterest and Muse.mu too

• 1 month later...

We've changed the permissions on the off topic parts of the board so that you have to be log in to read their contents. It won't really effect regular users. This is done for a few of reasons, eg. to present only on-topic material when initially viewing the board, to keep unregistered people/bots+spiders/banned users/your boss from snooping on off topic threads of a more personal nature, etc.

• 3 months later...

MuseBay has been refreshed (mainly because the huge list of deleted posts was looking messy to us mods and admins!) and we've taken the opportunity to clarify some of the rules for its use. Please do read through them when using MuseBay :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Rule one of the message board is soon to be reworded to the following to make it less ambiguous with regards to "personal discrimination":

There will be no discrimination of any kind, including the use of racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory language. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member or otherwise be provocative and inflammatory. Critical evaluations of posts are fine but should not be directed at the individual expressing them. Insults exchanged between friends in jest, or otherwise with consent, are exempt from this rule except when discriminatory language is used.

This does not mark a change in moderation practices, but is changed for the sake of clarity regarding our treatment of discriminatory language. Don't expect any increase in warnings or infractions or anything.

The previous rule one read as following:

There will be no personal discrimination of any kind. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member or otherwise be provocative and inflammatory. Negative and critical evaluations of objective points are fine but should not be directed at the individual expressing them, or at their personal tastes. Insults exchanged between friends in jest, or otherwise with consent, are exempt from this rule.

• 5 months later...

Updated the forum leaders page - no practical change to how the board will be moderated but users now have a clearer pointer to which mods they can initially contact for general forum specific issues. As always, mods will will jump around between different forums as needed.

• 6 months later...

We are attempting to resolve the capslock spammer problem. Since we are aware of the issue, no further reports regarding these posts are necessary at this time. Thank you for your help.

Here's a sample of the spammer:

I live in London and Londoners are so unfriendly they don't talk to strangers on the bus, train, tube and in the supermarkket I AM IN MY 20S AND PEOPLE IN THEIR 20S NEVER TAKE PART IN SOCIAL GROUP BECAUSE OF THAT I HAVE NO FRINDES AT ALL AND I ALSO DON'T HAVE A GIRLFREND BECAUSE OF IT AND YOU ALL KOWN WHAT THAT IS. IT IS SO FUCING UNFAIR YOU ALL HEAR SO FUCKING UNFIAR IT IS SO HARD TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND PEOPLE IN THEIR 20S NEVER FUCKING JOIN SOCIAL GROUPS I HAVE GOT NO FRIENDS AT ALL AND IT IS SO FUCKING UNFAIR. IT SO FUCKING HARD TO MEET NEW PEOPLE IT SO FUCKING HARD TO MEET NEW PEOPLE IT SO FUCKING HARD TO MEET NEW PEOPLE IT SO FUCKING HARD TO MEET NEW PEOPLE I AM

Archived