Human Gear Animato

Allex

I really would like to know too. So bump de bump.

Being bored tonight, I've been searching the net and I may have a source to one pretty cheap (Say around $200). I'll have to see how to go about it when I arrive back in Australia but if I can get it, I'll play around with it sound wise and then probably tear it to pieces to make a schematic of it :LOL:

Edited by Crowella

Any news on this??

Well, I got it. Shane Goodwin wasn't joking when he said that that yellow box "is Chris' tone."

Needs to be blended with another signal with low end still in it, but it's awesome. Definetly worth it, if that's what your looking for. Think a bit of the HAARP tone. Hyper Music and Bliss are what it can acheive very easily.

This is awesome to hear. :) I'm assuming you've clean blended it? Also majorly jealous. :LOL:

I can't figure out why the pedal is so mysterious but I may have a guess at what the switch does. I think it's possibly a switch between two (similar, but not same) diodes. It'll explain why it does so little but appear 'important'. Diodes can change the clipping sound but usually not too much.

Just a silly guess. :LOL:

Anyway, I do want to try and make a schematic for it. I think it's a pedal that's been hidden for way too long and in the right use is a bassists dream pedal. Now that it's unaffordable for most people, think it's due.

Edited by Crowella

I don't like that demo; the sound seems coloured for some reason.

My fear is with that demo, is that we know what sound we want to achieve, then we get this 'coloured' sound, get put off the pedal and don't try it ourselves. I like it in that demo, in a weird way.

Damn, now I REALLY want this pedlol. They are still in production thankfully.

and what ?

This is false :

Live Chris uses a Woolly Mammoth with a clean signal blended in.

Chris never used WoollyM in live and studio before 2009, before Resistance. And it is not used for TIRO.

That's because it was something else

We tried for ages to get the right bass sound. Some of the things we tried were quite ridiculous. We tried flangers, acoustic basses, dubbing with phasers, you name it, but it still wasn't happening. One day Matt was fooling around with a JP 8000 synth and started getting this portamento vibe going (mimes track intro). So we recorded that and I put down a horrendously subby bassline using the pedulla and when we put them together it made a weird, buzzy,disgusting kinda noise and that's what we used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZMnwwAqa_Q?t=2m54s

there's also this

FA5rLtpWXgo

Posted in the first page, DI Demo but "doesn't do the sound justice" or "colored" ...

...Obviously, it's better with a Rapture and a DBS stack

Edited by Braun

I'd say it has to do with some obscure gear choices. There was some nice basses in that demo. :D

DI demos are odd. Considering you usually flood your tone with amp, eq, other pedlols, it's almost not going to represent much.

Anything will sound good through a DBS stack ;)

Anything will sound good through a DBS stack ;)

Yeah..

.. I approve that :D

stackr.jpg

For the Animato,

To be honest, I don't like these kind of distortions for bass, too much noise (metallic, frets). Animato is very expensive, there must be a lot better elsewhere for less. I prefer fuzz.

For the Animato,

To be honest, I don't like these kind of distortions for bass, too much noise (metallic, frets). Animato is very expensive, there must be a lot better elsewhere for less. I prefer fuzz.

Sooooooo nice. :D

For fuzzes on bass, this is where some EQ, blend, gate and comp come in.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Okay, I've decided rather than clutter up the Recent Purchases thread, I'll post here.

So an Animato fell into my hands today. After band practice tonight I can say it's definitely a keeper. We tried it on guitar first. No. Just. No. On bass however with a LS-2 it was freaking sweet, with the dist and tone knobs at about 1 o'clock. It seems to have a really nice high end and keeps some body with the tone knob down and with the hot pickups, has quite a lot of distortion.

I'm just going to stick it all in an imgur folder and describe it as I go along. I'm going to take some voltage values tonight when I get a chance. :)

http://imgur.com/a/zLnM9

Okay, I've decided rather than clutter up the Recent Purchases thread, I'll post here.

So an Animato fell into my hands today. After band practice tonight I can say it's definitely a keeper. We tried it on guitar first. No. Just. No. On bass however with a LS-2 it was freaking sweet, with the dist and tone knobs at about 1 o'clock. It seems to have a really nice high end and keeps some body with the tone knob down and with the hot pickups, has quite a lot of distortion.

I'm just going to stick it all in an imgur folder and describe it as I go along. I'm going to take some voltage values tonight when I get a chance. :)

http://imgur.com/a/zLnM9

Do you plan on doing a schematic?