Human Gear Animato

Allex

Hi guys,

I just purchased an ANIMATO pedal on this website:

http://www.humangear.net/productdetails-en/category/human-gear-effects/article/human-gear-animato.html

It's a one man dealer who runs also a website called Cotton Musical Shop in germany, he told me that his human gear business was quite recent...

at first I was suspicious because i heard that it was no longer in production and the Japanese shops didn't ship to foreign countries.

But yeah, what the hell I ordered it anyway and i got it this morning :)

so i wanted to share this information with you cuz I know some of you were looking for this quite rare piece of gear.

and I can tell you that on my YBA300, it kick ass

So go for it, the dude is also really nice. contact him by e-mail if you are interested cuz the ordering system on the website doesn't work right... ;)

Alexandre from Brussels

That link is infected with a trojan :eek:

That's interesting, cause that's Human Gear's home page through google translate.

:LOL:

My scanner said it was clean too. :erm:

If that's the case, I'll quote the animato

Distressed with a very pleasant distortion - a session. Anima - What is a wild, live again - there's even. In other words, a very wide variable range, can be adapted to many songs. However, it is hard to develop in very high - not in dollars. The highest c - Dollar and - and the beauty of the option attack (outline) of distributor firm - will be whether the application. What distortion - would be of interest for most of that application that you would, to put it simply, pleasantly, that are summarized in the tire coming. Usually referred to as rat distortion (OLD) and strain but may have - become narrow application. Also, many things found in muddy distortion, distortion and squashed Gushatsu unlistenable, and these Anima - is irrelevant. Of course, at some point to exert such power is not ideal but is not. Anima - What is NO if asked whether individual. However, this - distributor option is ideal for me - an application. The range is wide attack came about, Voryu guitar - to ensure that the system reacts. Sum - Figure - Major - · Voryu - Smoothing the system than if you use - that's Intone - You can click on the application. Distortion - but metallic textures and contours even at full throttle with the application should not be lost, which can send the amp's ability to borrow without distortion in pitch.

Um... yep.

@Allex, would you be able to elaborate on how it sounds and before the fan bois ask, can you Wolstenhammen?

Also, the euro price is cheaper than the official site... interesting.

Edited by Crowella

I've been looking and it hasn't sparked enough DIY interest to get it deboxed. If in the future I get my hands on one, I'll take a crack at deboxing it and writing it out :)

But the goop almost look like an integral part of the effect (gives protection and maybe makes it beer resistant or something) i think you would damage the resale value.

Btw is there a good demo of that pedal anywhere? Or maybe a demo with a guitar?

He should have showed us the animato without the background music. It is hard to separate the harmonics from the guitar and the bass in my head. Naturally there should be a lot of over lapping frequencies.

Btw that Akai pedal is a cool envelope filter but the filter itself sounds a bit weird to me. Is that a digital effect or digitally controlled analog?

Is it just me, or does TIRO not sound that much like Chris' tone?

That's because it was something else

We tried for ages to get the right bass sound. Some of the things we tried were quite ridiculous. We tried flangers, acoustic basses, dubbing with phasers, you name it, but it still wasn't happening. One day Matt was fooling around with a JP 8000 synth and started getting this portamento vibe going (mimes track intro). So we recorded that and I put down a horrendously subby bassline using the pedulla and when we put them together it made a weird, buzzy,disgusting kinda noise and that's what we used.

Is it just me, or does TIRO not sound that much like Chris' tone?

He was demonstrating the settings Chris used for the studio recordings, Live Chris uses a Woolly Mammoth with a clean signal blended in.

@Longan asking if Chris uses the Animato more than the Big Muff, his usual distortion sound is his signal split into three chains, one into the Animato, one into the Big Muff and one into a clean amp, Other than some songs where it's pure Animato and clean blend such as Starlight and Hyper Music etc.

He was demonstrating the settings Chris used for the studio recordings, Live Chris uses a Woolly Mammoth with a clean signal blended in.

@Longan asking if Chris uses the Animato more than the Big Muff, his usual distortion sound is his signal split into three chains, one into the Animato, one into the Big Muff and one into a clean amp, Other than some songs where it's pure Animato and clean blend such as Starlight and Hyper Music etc.

Nono, it's 3 big muffs, a leprechaun and 2 Mexicans playing banjo!!

clean blend on guitar can be ace as long as you OD/EQ/Comp the clean channel. Imagine using a twangy clean sound at the same time as fuzz - it's not going to sound good. You just have to be subtle with it, it can add a load of "balls".

and I can tell you that on my YBA300, it kick ass

Do you have the facility to record it DI'd?

I heard that review doesn't do the sound justice.

DI demo

This probably gives a better example:

Thru the DBS stack

--

A Proco RAT sounds good too

olol

• 7 months later...