Dear Niall

Neil.

I just think it's a bit silly because at no points have the creators ever dropped hints that the entire thing a coma fantasy or anything. I mean I could vomit out a believable "Is Jar Jar Binks the true ultimate Sith Lord" theory in half an hour if I wanted to but it would still be something I made up.

Reminds me of that one theory that the Sith were actually trying to protect everyone.

I want to make a popular TV show that has no hints of being a dream but people will think of it anyways.

Then in the final episode I'll reveal it actually was a dream and everyone dies.

So ... Lost?

@Kueller: I've never trusted the Jedi. They seem like douches. Oh no, you can't learn about that but here read this thing we wrote. It's all Jedi propaganda.

@Niall: is Balon the Love Boat then? Who receives the penis?

@Kueller: I've never trusted the Jedi. They seem like douches. Oh no, you can't learn about that but here read this thing we wrote. It's all Jedi propaganda.

That was kind of alluded in the prequels, and part of the reason why they eventually failed. But the theory went a bit further to say that basically everything Palpatine said about the Jedi trying to eventually take over and his works being for peace was correct. Also the building of the huge army for the eventual invasion that happens in the Expanded Universe.

Niall,

I finally played Pokémon Black (or white or whatever. It was gen 5). I wasn't too impressed. Every Pokémon seemed like a rehash of a previous ones. The game itself wasn't impressive. Only played a certain part of it though. As my cousin sucks (I mean even for a 8 year old or something he is awful. Cut on your starter pokemon? Dafuq are you doing kid. Was tempted to just restart his game), I spent most of the time just training. Then I ran on a bridge for 5 minutes because I guess that's fun ...

@Niall: is Balon the Love Boat then? Who receives the penis?

No the love boat is for some reason Pyat Pree and I am not sure why.

Niall,

I finally played Pokémon Black (or white or whatever. It was gen 5). I wasn't too impressed. Every Pokémon seemed like a rehash of a previous ones. The game itself wasn't impressive. Only played a certain part of it though. As my cousin sucks (I mean even for a 8 year old or something he is awful. Cut on your starter pokemon? Dafuq are you doing kid. Was tempted to just restart his game), I spent most of the time just training. Then I ran on a bridge for 5 minutes because I guess that's fun ...

Oh that's a shame, I really enjoyed Gen 5 and thought a lot of the Pokemon were pretty nice. I had a hard time cutting down the ones I wanted to just 6 for my main team. I didn't like Black/White 2 because it felt really pointless to just have essentially the same story in the same world with the same maps and the same hoops to jump through. A few altered areas and a couple of new gyms isn't enough to sustain a game.

But yes, cut on a starter is just ridiculous. :noey:

No the love boat is for some reason Pyat Pree and I am not sure why.

Oh that's a shame, I really enjoyed Gen 5 and thought a lot of the Pokemon were pretty nice. I had a hard time cutting down the ones I wanted to just 6 for my main team. I didn't like Black/White 2 because it felt really pointless to just have essentially the same story in the same world with the same maps and the same hoops to jump through. A few altered areas and a couple of new gyms isn't enough to sustain a game.

But yes, cut on a starter is just ridiculous. :noey:

Well I only played for about an hour and a half so I definitely didn't get a full impression on the game. Oddly enough, the third release in a generation (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald) were my favourite games for their respective generations. Not sure why they decided to release two for this one though. Once again, having not played them I can neither confirm nor deny your statement.

Anyways, despite my criticisms I was actually tempted to go buy a DS and pick up a game from each generation I haven't played. But then I realized that required money* so I decided not to. Also, it can't be a Pokemon post if I don't mention how generation 2 is hands down the best one. Never 5get Gen 2.

*I should mention that everything was actually reasonably priced on Amazon/Best Buy.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

This sounds like the worst idea ever.

Actually this is

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/super_training/

I was actually thinking of maybe buying these games but absolutely not now. It's almost as if they've run out of good ideas and are just putting the most ridiculous and childish ones possible.

Are you buying a gen 6 one?

Yeah. Eh. I don't really get why. Seems like an unnecessary and confusing dynamic. They should have just refined the existing ones and expanded on those, like the hidden but really important EV system. And done some proper evolutions of older pokemon.

Yeah. Eh. I don't really get why. Seems like an unnecessary and confusing dynamic. They should have just refined the existing ones and expanded on those, like the hidden but really important EV system. And done some proper evolutions of older pokemon.

Exactly, I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I would like it if they moved the EVs and made them a visual stat in the summary. Put a page right after the stats page (attack, defense, etc.) that lets you know how many you have for every stats. It would make everyone's life easier. Although on a slightly related note, the game does get credit for making it easier to check IVs in game.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Niall,

Your board is drunk. Go home.

I've little icons all tiled across the top of the board. Looks like a piece of paper with random 3d geometry sitting on it. Not intrusive, but highly random. Is relevant/should kev be concerned?

top lels,

Neil

YmQhGW2.jpg

Dear Niall,

Your board is drunk. Go home.

I've little icons all tiled across the top of the board. Looks like a piece of paper with random 3d geometry sitting on it. Not intrusive, but highly random. Is relevant/should kev be concerned?

top lels,

Neil

YmQhGW2.jpg

Dear Niel,

For what it's worth, Don'tPostThePear had something similar happen a while back

KKlgH.jpg

Kev said it definitely wasn't something on our end.

Regards,

Not Niall

Archived