Neil.

Dear Niall

w8 wat

I reported a post in which someone had insulted me using offensive language and I got told by a mod not to abuse the report button just for the sake of getting someone a warning/infraction. Basically "oh I got reported for that? well then I'll just report this post of his" from my side, so obviously I get what the mod was getting at. It was kind of a joke anyway.

indeed. & why keep bringing up BOD's glassing post as some sort of point, for all you know he could've got 68 infractions for that.

Except for the fact that we can actually SEE if that post receives an infraction just by looking at it. Also the fact that Niall pretty much "cleared" the post.

I think the biggest point to take out of this is Gorker only has a two week ban. If that is true then the mods priorities are truly skew whiff. What he said was probably the worst thing I have ever read on this place. It's decisions like that that truly undermine confidence in the way this place is run. There has been a lot of talk about the necessity for context in this thread, taken both in and out of context what Gorker said was abhorrent. Two weeks, two fucking weeks. I despair.

^

How and why is this still going?

I think the biggest point to take out of this is Gorker only has a two week ban. If that is true then the mods priorities are truly skew whiff. What he said was probably the worst thing I have ever read on this place. It's decisions like that that truly undermine confidence in the way this place is run. There has been a lot of talk about the necessity for context in this thread, taken both in and out of context what Gorker said was abhorrent. Two weeks, two fucking weeks. I despair.

I agree.

Sod the 'points' system, he should have been permabanned. He's worse than Veronica Dreadful. Ugh.

As a nihilist and an astronomer with much experience of depression I guess it really spoke to me :LOL:

Zoos are good as long as they're responsible. They perform vital roles of conservation of rare species and education about foreign animals. Historically they were just animal museums that paraded them out as a public spectacle but I think (at least in developed countries) they're a lot better.

Ok fair enough. I'm pro zoo on the condition that they are run correctly/responsibly.

I've seen some fucking horrible zoos abroad. Glad to know that some zoos I have seen are better on their animal treatment; they are almost 100% open on what they do.

The only crap star wars imo is The Clone Wars, rest are great. District 9 and Minority Report are great movies too. Never seen the others

Phantom Menace was a bit naff, but at least it didn't have the cheesy romantic sub plot.

Why, is it really good?

Yes. You wont enjoy it though.

Phantom Menace was a bit naff, but at least it didn't have the cheesy romantic sub plot.

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

The Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

The Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Basically. Hopefully these new films will fit in a bit higher up the list, but I doubt it.

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

The Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

I can agree with this. I kinda put the first two on even levels.

Clones could've been quite nice if it had less romance elements.

I can agree with this. I kinda put the first two on even levels.

Clones could've been quite nice if it had less romance elements.

I'd put Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi near the same level too.

Clones was just annoying all around. I actually liked one part a lot but alas the rest of the movie was disappointing.

I'd put Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi near the same level too.

Clones was just annoying all around. I actually liked one part a lot but alas the rest of the movie was disappointing.

Same. I'm never sure whether that's a good thing or not though.

I think the political stuff, while lolworthy at times, was at least somewhat pulled off. So the romance felt like it dragged the whole thing down.

I just realised that I called the 2nd movie the Clone Wars... woops :LOL:

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

The Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

I'd swap ANH and ESB. I really hope Ep 7 makes it into the top four...

The prequel trilogy was just nonsense. Complete nonsense. Nothing made sense. I loved it when I was 12 years old but looking back it is just plainly bad. George Lucas should have been threatened with losing a finger for every bit of toilet humour or bad pun he left in.

I'd swap ANH and ESB. I really hope Ep 7 makes it into the top four...

The prequel trilogy was just nonsense. Complete nonsense. Nothing made sense. I loved it when I was 12 years old but looking back it is just plainly bad. George Lucas should have been threatened with losing a finger for every bit of toilet humour or bad pun he left in.

I remember loving them as a kid too, mainly for the EXPLOSIONS and stuff, but I think I still preferred the original trilogy for the plot.

Watched Episode III a few months ago after years and it really hit me how horrible some of the acting and dialogue was.

I was also in love with the prequel trilogy as a kid. But a year or two after the release of Ep.3 I realised how fucking cringeworthy a lot of it was. I have rewatched ep1 and 2 loads of times since then but I still don't find them bad. There are a few moments that makes me cringe a bit, but ep3 really is the worst for me.

Probably because it tries to be a lot more serious than the previous two, which makes the cringe level even worse.

I actually gained a bit of respect for McGregor for being the only main character that didn't make me cringe everytime they spoke.

McGregor<3333

How he managed to pull off the dialogue in the last half of Ep3 is amazing.

I actually gained a bit of respect for McGregor for being the only main character that didn't make me cringe everytime they spoke.

McGregor<3333

How he managed to pull off the dialogue in the last half of Ep3 is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCiqcwbaHQ

And let's not forget "another happy landing".