Dear Niall

Neil.

Now that Niall is an admin with sexy itallic letters, we need a dear Niall thread, so we can plague him with questions. Perhaps the questions should be nothing to do with the board, just general problems in our every day lives, which Niall can share his wisdom on. So, to start things off, I've two crucially important questions for our beloved new admin. Hooray for Niall!

Question 1:

Dear Niall,

Our names are similar, but not the same. Does this mean that we're both awesome, albeit in different ways? This was the case with Gem and Gemsy (although they were awesome in similar ways too) so does this also apply to us?

Regards,

Neil (not Niall)

Question 2:

Dear Niall,

I've been eating Bourbon Creams today, and I don't seem to be able to stop. Are they the original concept for the Pringles Crisps?

Regards,

Neil (still not Niall)

Thank you Neil. I wish you, Gem and Gemsy were all still mods, simply so we could continue to be the new Gem/Gemsy.

As much as Gem and Gemsy are both awesome, so are we. You are Irish, yet my name is the Irish version of your name. I don't know what that means, but I think we may have been given the wrong souls by God or something when he was making us. Which is something that definitely happens.

As for the biscuits - no. It's convergent snackvolution. Both were formed separately and independently accumulated their addictive qualities matched only by heroin and oxygen.

Thank you Neil. I wish you, Gem and Gemsy were all still mods, simply so we could continue to be the new Gem/Gemsy.

As much as Gem and Gemsy are both awesome, so are we. You are Irish, yet my name is the Irish version of your name. I don't know what that means, but I think we may have been given the wrong souls by God or something when he was making us. Which is something that definitely happens.

As for the biscuits - no. It's convergent snackvolution. Both were formed separately and independently accumulated their addictive qualities matched only by heroin and oxygen.

This is cool. Ask Niall is like for scientific answers to dumb questions! :D

I wish i was still a mod too, or at least something like a colourdy undertitle, or even being able to lol at the sexual tension in the mod section :LOL:. Those were good times. ;) That being said, james90 is doing a great job in KnT, and he's definely got more time to devote to it than me!

That's crazy about the snack thing. I never would have thought tasty treats had such a historical past....

Dear Niall,

How can i bzzzzzzzt with my kaoss pad like matt bellamee? (this question has plagued knt recently...)

Regards,

Neil

Not really. I should really finish the paper I'm working on to be honest. It's really exciting... Near Infrared Variability of M Dwarfs in WFCAM Transit Survey. :( I might do some Christmas shopping though :D

That sounds fun... Well, the Christmas shopping does. :chuckle:

:LOL: Yup!

That being said, james90 is doing a great job in KnT

:yesey:

Dear Niall,

Do you drink coffee? If so, how do you like it? I just bought some peppermint mocha creamer and it is delicious. :happy:

- Jessica

Dear Niall,

Is there any particular reason why my nose keeps running although I am not sick? After all, you're training to be a doctor, you should know these things.

With love,

Snotface

You may have a minor infection in your sinuses. Or you have an allergy to your own face. I'd suggest wrapping in tinfoil and linseed oil then reciting the prayer of twelve hundred hingèd legged ground beasts praying to Ba'al.

Does the trick.

<3

Dear Niall,

I <3 you and when is the next boat party?!

Love,

Mel

SOON. I'm skyping with Kat and we'll organise a proper party or we can do one of those massive everyone parties.

Like the time I got naked.

<3

Dear Niall,

Do you drink coffee? If so, how do you like it? I just bought some peppermint mocha creamer and it is delicious. :happy:

- Jessica

I had coffee for the first time in 3 years earlier. I had a sip of my friends chilled vanilla latte with cream early and it was so good. I'm a tea man. You know 60 billions cups of tea a year are drunken in Britain every year? That's 135 million a day, and there are only 70 million of us.

<3

I wish i was still a mod too, or at least something like a colourdy undertitle, or even being able to lol at the sexual tension in the mod section :LOL:. Those were good times. ;) That being said, james90 is doing a great job in KnT, and he's definely got more time to devote to it than me!

That's crazy about the snack thing. I never would have thought tasty treats had such a historical past....

Dear Niall,

How can i bzzzzzzzt with my kaoss pad like matt bellamee? (this question has plagued knt recently...)

Regards,

Neil

Hmm. I think you should probably tell them to run as many volts of electric into in and them ask them to spit on it and then kiss bellamee shrine and then die of too many electrics.

<3

Dearest Niall,

I have a project due on monday that's worht 17.5% of my thesis. Thing is, it's my brother's 30th tonight and there's a big shindig. The project is about 62% done with about a day's work left. So, ruling out not drinking tonight, is there a way I can structure my drinking to minimalize the extent to how hungover I'll be tomorrow? I already have a hearty meal at the "in production" stage, but what should I drink/avoid? Beer? Cider? Wine? Jagerbombs? Double Jack + Cuke? What would Effy Stonem do?

Le Thanks,

Neil

Effy Stonem would not go to here brother's birthday party. She would take substances with numbers in their names in a warehouse while something by SBTRKT plays in the background.

(Don't do that.)

Go to the birthday and make everything third drink a small soft drink. Half a pint of coke or something. It doesn't really matter what the alcoholic drinks are, the mixing of drinks thing is a myth. When you get home, eat something rich in carbohydrates and fats but not too pungent or aromatic. Maybe potato waffles or hash browns or something. And drink as much water as you possibly can. Take the full dose of ibuprofen and paracetamol preemptively. Keep water near your bed. Set an alarm for a reasonable time in the morning but not too early, or leave the curtain open so the sun wakes you. You can then spend Sunday doing the project.

Dear Niall,

Yeah that seemed to do the trick. I only ended up having the one glass of coke over the space of about 8 drinks, but then I had toast and a pint of water when I got in. Head was grand, and the project is nearly done now. I'll just have to print and assemble it tomorrow. In the true spirit of the thread, my new question is Are you excited about Christmas yet?

Winning,

Neil

Dear Niall,

Yeah that seemed to do the trick. I only ended up having the one glass of coke over the space of about 8 drinks, but then I had toast and a pint of water when I got in. Head was grand, and the project is nearly done now. I'll just have to print and assemble it tomorrow. In the true spirit of the thread, my new question is Are you excited about Christmas yet?

Winning,

Neil

Neil! Excellent. I am glad your project came together :) I'm not really excited about Christmas. I've had a lot to do recently. I think once I get all this stuff out the way I'll be free to enjoy it. the decorations are up though! How about yourself?

You'll be pleased to know I've tagged a thread in the mod forum with "sexual tension round 2" now. It caused confusion...

Dear Niall,

Should I purchase an iMac or a Macbook Pro...purely to jump on the apple bandwagon.

Hey Paul! I don't really know. I guess it depends on your requirements and the amount of money you're willing to spend on a brand. There's a lot of software not available of Apple machines obviously. They're generally high quality products however so I don't think you'd regret your purchase even if could buy a cheaper Windows device with equivalent specs instead.

You could aways go for a Linux install to have maximal control over not very much ;)

Neil! Excellent. I am glad your project came together :) I'm not really excited about Christmas. I've had a lot to do recently. I think once I get all this stuff out the way I'll be free to enjoy it. the decorations are up though! How about yourself?

You'll be pleased to know I've tagged a thread in the mod forum with "sexual tension round 2" now. It caused confusion...

Dear Niall,

Yeah I miss the mod section. :( Although with thesis stuff this year, I wouldn't be on it much at all. Good work with the tag though! :LOL:

I'm also not excited about christmas, for the same reason. My thesis is due in 10 days. I'll get shit faced on brandy and port once it's done, and fall asleep in/under the tree. Seems like a legit way to celebrate christmas, right?

Dear Niall,

Yeah I miss the mod section. :( Although with thesis stuff this year, I wouldn't be on it much at all. Good work with the tag though! :LOL:

I'm also not excited about christmas, for the same reason. My thesis is due in 10 days. I'll get shit faced on brandy and port once it's done, and fall asleep in/under the tree. Seems like a legit way to celebrate christmas, right?

I miss the old mods in general. I sometimes look at the old mod forum to reflect on it :LOL: You know you're the last person to post in them so there will be an eternal

"The random points thread

by Neil.

15-07-2011 10:46 PM "

there!

It's weird reading through it. It's funny because all the things everyone is complaining at the new team about are things Blee told us to do over a year ago! (maybe I shouldn't say this out the mod forum but no one is reading this anyway xD)

I don't think that's legit, I think it's mandatory! And you'd be doing a disservice to the most popular and probably most offensive of all Irish stereotypes if you didn't get completely wasted. ;)

Dear Niall,

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Also, I didn't realize Neil couldn't still see the mod section. I thought he'd have some very useful opinions and advice to give out to us. Like...

REMEMBER! there's NPN equivilents of almost all PNP's, and PNP equivilents of almost all NPN's, eg, AC127 is the NPN equivilent of AC128.

many thanks,

james

Hey Paul! I don't really know. I guess it depends on your requirements and the amount of money you're willing to spend on a brand. There's a lot of software not available of Apple machines obviously. They're generally high quality products however so I don't think you'd regret your purchase even if could buy a cheaper Windows device with equivalent specs instead.

You could aways go for a Linux install to have maximal control over not very much ;)

Too many pro's and con's, thanks!

Dear Niall,

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Also, I didn't realize Neil couldn't still see the mod section. I thought he'd have some very useful opinions and advice to give out to us. Like...

many thanks,

james

had to read that line like 4 times, and i still cant make heads or tails of it. :( I blame sleep deprivation.

Can the other ex-cons mods still see the mod section?

Dear Niall,

many thanks,

james

Yes, they have very when they go and there hasn't that many when there have been because there can be surplus when the forward to go there is illegitimate when they can have some. It's always there can have none for that. Congratulations.

We had some good ideas in those days that weren't implemented. I'd love to have another crack at it, but maybe not till may, when i'm all done. I spent most of my time deleting spam hahaha!

Yeah aha, spam deletion was the main part of it and now we very rarely every have to do that. Mod time is spent actually moderating! A lot of the ideas we had back then are still in consideration, reincorporated into future plans. there's stuff in the works that make things all nice and stuff /vague.

had to read that line like 4 times, and i still cant make heads or tails of it. :( I blame sleep deprivation.

Can the other ex-cons mods still see the mod section?

Hawkward Such questions are, er, best left in the Dear Kev forum...

D'oh i've just been pointed to this, sorry Neil, it's come out a lot worse than the reality is. We asked Cath and Gemsy to stick around because of their many years of experience and wisdom. Then we ended up deciding to ask Olly to contribute to since he's so involved in main site. Wasn't meant to be a slant on you.

oh kevy! I didn't take it that way anyway. Sure I got on well with everyone, even those times when I called Gem Gemsy etc. She was cool about it, even after the 4th or 5th time it happens. As you guys well know, if I can help out, I'm only too happy to lend a hand. :)

That being said, I do miss the threads like Best of the Mailbox. Not sure how visible thats meant to be, so melete it if needs be. ;)

edit:

haha, this might start a rumour like "KEV AND ALL THE MODS HATE NEIL!" just for some controversy. :chuckle:

Archived