What nobody (including the people I was with) knows, is that once I asked to be pulled over the barrier at Reading at the end of CE, I ran back round to the arena, watched the end of the OoS set, watched the beginning of the 'same, same old' set, and walked back to the hotel.

I think that was a bit of a defining moment, not to mention a revelation, for me! :LOL:

I had a very similar defining moment at Reading, the second one last summer, so I understand exactly where you're coming from Pip.

Since they've been hinting repeatedly at drawing a line under the OoS era, I can't help but let out a deep sigh of relief at finally being able to draw a line under them. It almost feels like I went to Reading to get some closure. It's been a good run.

Edit: my first time in this thread and I just saw the tags... 'delete the rodent'... LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm honest I don't think Muse have done enough to win either award - they were amazing at Reading, yes, but one great live performance isn't enough compated to other bands, and is certainly way better than the total output of JLS, One Direction, Justin Bieber, The Jonas Brothers, The Wanted et all.

If they won both though it would be fantastic.

What message? Pretty sure they will laugh about it if they win

It'd let them know that people don't like what they're doing, something they appear to be either ignoring or oblivious to. Although yes, I think Matt would definitely try to shrug it off.

Archived