I think more people probably voted for best band than best fans, but remember that we're competing against other people, eg. Kasabian fans.

I'm disappointed Dom didn't win hottest male but I was kinda expecting it since the voting efforts were spread between him and Matt.

Next year Dom will win! *determined* Should've voted more...

Matt's a hero! And we SO are the most dedicated fans - well done Moozers! Glad we finally won something, haha :happy:.

Politically, of course, they didn't win best band or best live band cos people would get bored, but I'm glad they weren't worst band winners either - that was just a stupid category to plonk them into!

Mott Bollomy will also be pleased: Bieber is the obvious villain! ;)

Maybe they didn't win the big awards because those awards are more likely to include votes from the casuals and general music lovers and since they hadn't done much recently in the UK, they were only going to attract the attention of the most dedicated fans who also took time to vote intensively on the smaller awards.

This site has been completely dead as well! So the majority of fans are doing other things, strangely! ;):chuckle:

I think next year, after what sounds like a mega album, it will be different. :)

Also yeah, I'm very glad they didn't win worst band, that wouldn't have ended up so funny! :D

I think if you think Suck it and See is as good or as fresh as Velociraptor! then you need to give yourself a good slap. Monkey's are still amazing live, and the B-sides are amazing but the album was wholly average. Kasabian tried something new (haven't seen them yet, will at TITP) and it has worked. Fantastic album.

Don't know why I'm arguing over NME, woops

I think if you think Suck it and See is as good or as fresh as Velociraptor! then you need to give yourself a good slap. Monkey's are still amazing live, and the B-sides are amazing but the album was wholly average. Kasabian tried something new (haven't seen them yet, will at TITP) and it has worked. Fantastic album.

You'll love them at T, they are just great live :happy:

This is their NME performance (well, some of it). That's Noel Fielding at the beginning :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXVZ21joXA

And them accepting their thoroughly-deserved award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWH39FjBKKo

Well I think if you think that Velociraptor! is good and fresh, you need to give yourself a good slap.

To me Velociraptor! was a massive disappointment but we are not talking about albums we are talking about bands and the monkeys are a better band than Kasabian, at least they don't cancel gigs to go to ridiculous events.

Well I think if you think that Velociraptor! is good and fresh, you need to give yourself a good slap.

To me Velociraptor! was a massive disappointment but we are not talking about albums we are talking about bands and the monkeys are a better band than Kasabian, at least they don't cancel gigs to go to ridiculous events.

Kasabian > Arctic Monkeys

• 1 month later...

Archived