Assassin (Debased Mason's Grog)

Jazzthief

Hmm, this is a bit...old.

Debase Mansons Grog* btw. It IS called Debase Mansons grog, it's the name that was on the setlist. It's an anagram for "Message Board Song" or something like that. You can read all about it on the musewiki.

And no, there is no studio version as far as we know.

What is it about Debase Masons Grog you prefer? It's a close call for me I'll admit but I prefer the drums much more on GOBE. The intro is better on DMG though.

The vocals are miles better. DMG has one of my favourite vocals overall when it comes to Muse. Oh and I was never a huge fan of the Assassin drums anyway. Much prefer the almost haunting feeling that the whole of DMG gives.

GOBE would be miles better if it had vanilla Assassin's regular intro instead of that really high bit, same for the outro too.

Who the hell decided it was a good idea to put that there in the first place? Most annoying sound ever.

GOBE would be miles better if it had vanilla Assassin's regular intro instead of that really high bit, same for the outro too.

Who the hell decided it was a good idea to put that there in the first place? Most annoying sound ever.

This. It's way too high-pitch and loud. Hurts my eardrums.

Agreed!

Someone cleaned that up on the song a couple of years ago and you could download the clean version without the whiny guitar in the intro & outro. Not sure if the link to download it is still active.

Archived