Sign in to follow this  
Xvm27

Coolest cover art of Albums/Singles?

Best album cover The Resistance (OoS looks so good thanks to R&L gigs, in my opinion)

Best single cover Dead Star/In Your World

Best album cover The Resistance (OoS looks so good thanks to R&L gigs, in my opinion)

Best single cover Dead Star/In Your World

That. The cover is overhyped cause of that gig.

Of that cover i love the colours, but I find it a bit "empty"

It's always been my favourite album cover :erm:

I don't really see how a gig can 'over-hype' a cover. The only ways the cover was referenced at R/L was in New Born and with the pylons on stage (which people stopped paying as much attention to after the first few songs). I think people like it 'cause it's just different and weird.

I don't really see how a gig can 'over-hype' a cover. The only ways the cover was referenced at R/L was in New Born and with the pylons on stage (which people stopped paying as much attention to after the first few songs). I think people like it 'cause it's just different and weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE40EP7RIJg pause at 1:52

don't you think that a lot of people look with different eyes at that cover, after what happened at Reading&Leeds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE40EP7RIJg pause at 1:52

don't you think that a lot of people look with different eyes at that cover, after what happened at Reading&Leeds?

I don't see how R/L would influence how someone views the artwork. I thought the artwork made the gig cooler, not the other way around.

I don't see how R/L would influence how someone views the artwork. I thought the artwork made the gig cooler, not the other way around.

Tru dat.

I don't have a favourite but I love the Knights art. My oldest obsession (horses) with my current obsession (Muse) = too much awesome. Plus the pretty colours :awesome:

I'm not suggesting that there weren't people who didn't like it before :). But many just jumped on after the gig cause it was the cool thing to do.

I don't have a favourite but I love the Knights art. My oldest obsession (horses) with my current obsession Im a queer (Muse) = too much awesome. Plus the pretty colours :awesome:

yep me too

Absolution because of the doublish meaning of it.

Are Aliens coming down or Are humans going up (rapture sort of way)

I'd like Absolution more if it didn't look so tackily executed. Same for BH&R. Good concepts, poor execution. Not a big fan of Storm's work, tbh, at least with Muse.

Origin is my favourite because it has that slightly iconic look to it - and the fact that no-one really seems to get the tie between it and the album.

I also love The Resistance artwork too - bright, vibrant but yet simple too.

The Absolution artwork was very similar to some Radiohead artwork that came out a little before, in which two people look up into the sky to see a load of demon like peeps flying overhead. I did wonder why it wasn't mentioned so much at the time, although I still like them both equally.

Best artwork for me would be either Origin or The Resistance. I can imagine The Resistance artwork working well on a cassette tap too, which appeals to me, gor some random reason.

The Map Of The Problematique single cover is my personal favourite. It's quite rare for me to like a cover with the band's faces on aswell.