Coolest cover art of Albums/Singles?

Xvm27

That. The cover is overhyped cause of that gig.

It's always been my favourite album cover :erm:

I don't really see how a gig can 'over-hype' a cover. The only ways the cover was referenced at R/L was in New Born and with the pylons on stage (which people stopped paying as much attention to after the first few songs). I think people like it 'cause it's just different and weird.

I don't really see how a gig can 'over-hype' a cover. The only ways the cover was referenced at R/L was in New Born and with the pylons on stage (which people stopped paying as much attention to after the first few songs). I think people like it 'cause it's just different and weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE40EP7RIJg pause at 1:52

don't you think that a lot of people look with different eyes at that cover, after what happened at Reading&Leeds?

I'm not suggesting that there weren't people who didn't like it before :). But many just jumped on after the gig cause it was the cool thing to do.

• 1 month later...

I'd like Absolution more if it didn't look so tackily executed. Same for BH&R. Good concepts, poor execution. Not a big fan of Storm's work, tbh, at least with Muse.

Origin is my favourite because it has that slightly iconic look to it - and the fact that no-one really seems to get the tie between it and the album.

I also love The Resistance artwork too - bright, vibrant but yet simple too.

The Absolution artwork was very similar to some Radiohead artwork that came out a little before, in which two people look up into the sky to see a load of demon like peeps flying overhead. I did wonder why it wasn't mentioned so much at the time, although I still like them both equally.

Best artwork for me would be either Origin or The Resistance. I can imagine The Resistance artwork working well on a cassette tap too, which appeals to me, gor some random reason.

• 3 years later...

Archived