james90

i'd send you one of mine, but i don't think it's worth it.

so much bad luck with royal fail/USPS recently. Phill's pedal ended up somewhere in thailand, and now my fuzz factory went from california to hawaii..which makes absolutely no sense

was MFC sending you one of the ebay ones or the custom made ones?

i'd send you one of mine, but i don't think it's worth it.

so much bad luck with royal fail/USPS recently. Phill's pedal ended up somewhere in thailand, and now my fuzz factory went from california to hawaii..which makes absolutely no sense

was MFC sending you one of the ebay ones or the custom made ones?

eBay ones, wish I could get a custom made one!

LORD MFC

look who just got back from the hospital...!

IMG_1915_zps743e5650.jpg

also, i never realized how much he takes after you :stunned:

It doesn't look that much different! But certainly more shiny :awesome:

Dom - I'm worried that 1st class stamp wasn't enough - before when I havent paid enough it's come back to me, or held at a post office and a letter is sent to the address on the envelope. Either that or Royal Mail are being fucking slow

:eek: What twas wrong with it?

the neck joint screws wouldn't tighten properly - they kept compressing the wood on the body, and the design wasn't great anyway as they only used washers rather than ferrules.

but then the original inserts on the neck had to be replaced, and i sort of mutated it while trying to remove them :facepalm: unfortunately you can still see a bit of damage when the neck is mounted, but it's nice and solid now

the one i sold you didn't have the same issue when i got it, but it seems that the weakness of these is the neck joint design

also, it seems to sound loads better with the pickups lowered a bit.

It doesn't look that much different! But certainly more shiny :awesome:

It does up close! There's this gouge on the headstock which I'm sure wasn't there before, and a bit of finish damage around the neck joint (which will probably be easy enough to polish out)

Buff that right out

it's not going to come off easily. i think most of it was glue that spilled when i attempted to harden the compressed wood before I sent it in :facepalm:

i refuse to use any chemicals on my guitars' finishes. i did this once and it didn't end well.

also, i forgot to mention... what they did was absolutely genius.

because the standard ferrules wouldn't fit, they machined some strap buttons to hold the screws in. works perfectly!

but yeah, it's a little battered at this point, but much more solid (!) now, and plays a lot better.