james90

Like that :)

My stuff:

12112011486-1.jpg

12112011485.jpg

12112011492.jpg

Not pictured/setup:

Epi SG, Ibanez RG, old squire strat, appallingly bad acoustic.

KP2, FF, EHX russian small stone, boss MD2, dunlop crybaby

Thanks

The MA looks great - I really like the fretboard on that one...not really a fan of dark rosewood for some reason. I guess because it doesn't show the grain well

Yeah I was using a 60s Top Boost a few weeks ago and it took me about five minutes to realise that the controls were backwards, not something I had time to get used to.

Sounded nice though, particularly the cleans. I can only imagine how great having a Vox on one channel and a Marshall on the other must be, thats actually an extremely cool idea.

Well it's modeled on a fender bassman, but that doesn't mean Marshall didn't copy the circuit for their JTM45 :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLYQwBuTrk

While those distorted tones sound pretty nice, I really only had the clean sound in mind with this amp - so it really won't break up even at high volumes.

I wish there was a way to blend the two sounds. That can probably be done with an A/B/Y box though. Might give it a try later actually.

If you can get that working I'm going to require sound clips.

I did, but it sounds a bit strange. The two voicings are so different and it's a bit difficult to dial in, especially with the backwards controls. Need to mess with it a little first.

Think of it as mixing the janglyjanglyjangly of the AC30 and the sweet syrupy tone molasses of the bassman channel

I think that's the best and simplest I can put it.

mb4qdl.png

it's custom moderation:awesome:

It would be cool to hear that modded Marshall with Jensen P10R's. (the original bassman speakers) On the other hand i have never heard anyone raving about Jensen speakers.

the silvertone 1485 has 10" jensen speakers :ninja:

I have these in that modded marshall

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/j_series.html#J75LHDC

Woah woah woah woah woah. I don't understand how making an objective claim about a certain race's skin color is at all racist. ????

I mean Ethiopian people have dark skin, which people refer to as brown--black no? I don't see anything bad about saying that, "American's are white," "asian's are yellow," "aliens are green,"

That's all I'm gonna say. I didn't mean to start any drama or anything. Feel free to correct me.

On a more positive note. I was pretty confused at first cuz I kept clicking "first unread post," and it would just stay on the first page. :facepalm:

Guest Batman.

He was joking too apparently :LOL: Obviously sarcasm doesn't convey too well over the internet.

Although, calling Asians yellow does seem quite racist..

Aaaargh let's just leave it,

LET'S KICK RACISM OUT OF K'N'T

I actually understand exactly what you mean :awesome:

Quite difficult to imagine an AC30 and a Bassman mixed together though, my interest in this one is quite high.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine - it's well balanced for the most part, but it almost sounds .. hollow? I don't know. I'm starting to wonder if one channel is out of phase with the other.

I'm going to make a sound clip of this at least. The amp cranked on its own sounds pretty nice - more of a classic rock sound, but the SHO pushes it into jack white territory :awesome:

IMG_0658.jpg

Niiice, I'd love to hear that. Which guitar are you using with it the most? Somehow an MB1 through a Silvertone just doesnt seem right, but in a good way.

Did you do the mods to the Marshall yourself? I'm too much of an electronics noob to understand if the channels being out of phase is a good or bad thing.

Niiice, I'd love to hear that. Which guitar are you using with it the most? Somehow an MB1 through a Silvertone just doesnt seem right, but in a good way.

Did you do the mods to the Marshall yourself? I'm too much of an electronics noob to understand if the channels being out of phase is a good or bad thing.

the maton semi hollow which I currently have in open A :awesome: need to sort the nut as the high E is sitting too low, but hopefully that won't change your opinion on the tone haha

I didn't do it myself - I wouldn't have a clue how to combine two amps like that. It does an impressive job of emulating them as well.

And out of phase...I guess it can be good and bad.

An example of it being good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMTylyNCzU

Although, I'd prefer having the in phase sound, but it's a cool option to have I guess

On amps I think it's a bad thing.

LET'S KICK GAYRACISM OUT OF K'N'T

fixed, and since when have we allowed noobs to use our memes so early into them joining knt. If ever there's a time for the old ways of the whammy, its now.

also, cocks.

should be getting my new laptop this weeks. Photos of my dubstepilepsy setup will follow.

Guest Batman.

I've been lurking since the dark ages.

.. or since last year. Close enough.

EDIT: What sort of programs do you use to make dubstep?

the maton semi hollow which I currently have in open A :awesome: need to sort the nut as the high E is sitting too low, but hopefully that won't change your opinion on the tone haha

I didn't do it myself - I wouldn't have a clue how to combine two amps like that. It does an impressive job of emulating them as well.

And out of phase...I guess it can be good and bad.

Although, I'd prefer having the in phase sound, but it's a cool option to have I guess

On amps I think it's a bad thing.

Ahhh yes, I briefly thought about doing a phase mod to the Strat, but theres literally no space left in the cavity at all. Its a nice sound, but I dont go crazy for it, particularly on an amp.

Glad to hear youre using the Maton too, even considering all the Mansons, I think thats actually my favourite of all your guitars, definitely looking forward to hearing that. Especially in open A :yesey:

Thanks, I think so too! Always feel guilty that I never play the guitar anymore...

At all? You could've sent those pickups to me!

Looks good though - just wish you didn't have to sacrifice the black one to build it :$

edit: You're not still planning on selling that, are you? :awesome: