james90

• 3 weeks later...

New house!

Far from the best picture, I know, but it's what my phone could do in the circumstances. The giant pedalboards of doom are all rewired up again, and I'm particularly excited about having full access to all three guitar cases for the first time - they've always just been piled on top of each other before because of space limits. Now I'll be able to pick any of them out without having to heave the others off it first, which should also encourage me to play more often too.

IMG_20181103_163526.thumb.jpg.acea563080432ea6b918347f29b5e41a.jpg

Ah, I don't have one now, sorry. I did take one at first but it was pretty rubbish, and there are only a few remnants left now, it must have been blown away or something. Would be useful to know what it was...

Anyway, I've spent my morning today giving all three guitars a long overdue cleaning. At least the frets look mostly silver again now instead of...erm...faded gold? Yes, that's it, gold, definitely not yellow, no sir! At least the temperature and humidity here are a bit better so hopefully that will slow it down in future.

Ah, I don't have one now, sorry. I did take one at first but it was pretty rubbish, and there are only a few remnants left now, it must have been blown away or something. Would be useful to know what it was...

Anyway, I've spent my morning today giving all three guitars a long overdue cleaning. At least the frets look mostly silver again now instead of...erm...faded gold? Yes, that's it, gold, definitely not yellow, no sir! At least the temperature and humidity here are a bit better so hopefully that will slow it down in future.

You mean you deleted the picture? Next time you find one, I expect you to take a selfie with it placed along the side of your pedalboards... not to show how long the snakeskin is, but to show how massive your pedalboards are. Obviously.

And that's good, though I've found that most of the gold comes from the leftover fretboard oil drying up. It's actually quite difficult to remove all of it...

Yeah, I did, sorry, though I like the idea of comparing the size of my pedalboards to other things to show how big they are, haha! That's no moon......

Really? That is interesting, though I do think there's more to it than that. The frets on my new guitar were really bad and I haven't changed the strings or oiled the fretboard on that once yet, though I have played it a lot. I usually find the ali custom suffers from it most slowly, which I wondered might be due to the water in the air or whatever getting more spread out by the ali body as well...but I don't know. Either way, they're all pretty clean now, though I'm still so busy trying to sort the new room out, I haven't had chance to play so far.

New house!

Far from the best picture, I know, but it's what my phone could do in the circumstances. The giant pedalboards of doom are all rewired up again, and I'm particularly excited about having full access to all three guitar cases for the first time - they've always just been piled on top of each other before because of space limits. Now I'll be able to pick any of them out without having to heave the others off it first, which should also encourage me to play more often too.

Nice!

Now my pedaltrain pro seems too small :chuckle:

• 1 year later...

Hi, my first post here... Let me show you my Chris’s OoS tour replica... havent finish it yet, I will change OC3 for an OC2, and I ‘ll find a bigger box for the parallel splitter/mixer...

Lots of fun against COVID-19

My pedalboard vs Chris’s OoS tour pedalboard:

My OoS pedalboard.jpg

990FCCF7-6C7C-42A5-9E0E-364F1896016A.jpeg

Edited by Jabbahd
Complete post
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've redone my peddle board! The stomp boxes haven't really changed since my GAS died long before this forum did. But I do have the new Atomic modeling amp to the left. Mostly since I work full time now and can't crank tubes late at night with wall-to-wall neighbors. It's super convenient though and sounds pretty good.

The board itself is a templeboard which happened to be just the right size to fit everything. The repetitiveness of making patch cables was actually cathartic. Lockdown is getting to me clearly.

IMG_20200519_194043.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 10:45 AM, kueller said:

I've redone my peddle board! The stomp boxes haven't really changed since my GAS died long before this forum did. But I do have the new Atomic modeling amp to the left. Mostly since I work full time now and can't crank tubes late at night with wall-to-wall neighbors. It's super convenient though and sounds pretty good.

The board itself is a templeboard which happened to be just the right size to fit everything. The repetitiveness of making patch cables was actually cathartic. Lockdown is getting to me clearly.

IMG_20200519_194043.jpg

Enjoying that you are showing some FF love. 

How is this thread nearly a decade old?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, redchedda1337 said:

Because the power hungry K&T mod closed the previous thread early. Surely you would remember that though...? 

I hope you all are well ... especially Bs... I think he lost it a while back. Blocked me on Facebook without warning. I can't imagine why.

I'm here for you, Bs... just like the bridge magician was.

Oh wait.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:18 PM, james90 said:

Because the power hungry K&T mod closed the previous thread early. Surely you would remember that though...? 

I hope you all are well ... especially Bs... I think he lost it a while back. Blocked me on Facebook without warning. I can't imagine why.

I'm here for you, Bs... just like the bridge magician was.

Oh wait.

I do vaguely recall. 

Who's this Bs character? It isn't the late great bs of team1337 fame ..

13 hours ago, redchedda1337 said:

I do vaguely recall. 

Who's this Bs character? It isn't the late great bs of team1337 fame ..

I do believe you mean team ossim. 

It isn't, but I wouldn't know as I never got accepted!

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, redchedda1337 said:

Enjoying that you are showing some FF love. 

Honestly I'd probably opt for a simpler, cheaper fuzz if I were to start from scratch not influenced by the Muse, just because the Fuzz Factory is very hard to control. But, I have it, and it's still an excellent fuzz when you can dial it in. So I will keep showing it love.

43 minutes ago, kueller said:

Honestly I'd probably opt for a simpler, cheaper fuzz if I were to start from scratch not influenced by the Muse, just because the Fuzz Factory is very hard to control. But, I have it, and it's still an excellent fuzz when you can dial it in. So I will keep showing it love.

Yeah absolutely. I enjoyed mine when I had it.  

• 2 years later...