Darkest Muse song?

c0nor

In the context of the verses though it's not that uplifting.

I've just always interpreted the lyrics as someone saying to an old friend or maybe even themselves, "Oi, you used to be a really great person. Now you're all fucked up. It's all right, don't be scared, just be who you were - leave all this stupid shit behind." (Obviously that's a very simple way of explaining it)

To me that's really uplifting. Different views and opinions and all that though.

I've just always interpreted the lyrics as someone saying to an old friend or maybe even themselves, "Oi, you used to be a really great person. Now you're all fucked up. It's all right, don't be scared, just be who you were - leave all this stupid shit behind." (Obviously that's a very simple way of explaining it)

To me that's really uplifting. Different views and opinions and all that though.

Well I know the song can be interpreted a bunch of different ways, since it's not that extensive. I've seen it as someone telling that same thing to themselves, desperately wanting to go back to what they once were. I guess I just find it a little darker when viewed as someone self reflecting as opposed to another trying to be uplifting.

That's just the way I interpret it. It's one of the more personal songs to me so I bother more about its meaning.

I just cannot see Screenager as dark. The fact bones were used on it doesn't make much of a difference to me, and the chorus, in terms of lyrics kind of reminds me of Falling Away With You

I dunno, I can kinda see what people mean when they mention it, but dark is not the right word I'd use for it

I don't consider Screenager the darkest song (that title goes to Meglomania for me), but I just don't find it very uplifting.

Oh yeah, for sure. It's not my happy songs, it's probably one of my 'moderately sad thinking of better times while slobbing at home boozing on lemonade like a bad man' catergory song

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of Dark I'd say ruled by secrecy, showbiz, and the start and very end of eternally missed. However the song that gives me chills the most is escape, since it's such a powerful song about his parents breaking up and I can see the emotion Matt put into it

If you listen to the lyrics of Neutron Star Collision, there actually does seem to be something a bit creepy going on underneath it. Whether or not that was intentional, though, I have no idea.

Personally i'll go with Hyper Chondriac Music

yep yep!

Ruled By Secrecy for sure. Micro Cuts, Megalomania, Showbiz. The usual mentions. But I may take some heat for haha.. Exogenesis Overture :D It's pretty disastrous, I love when the guitar comes in after that epic drum fill. I feel that it has a pretty dark vibe to it.

Ruled By Secrecy for sure. Micro Cuts, Megalomania, Showbiz. The usual mentions. But I may take some heat for haha.. Exogenesis Overture :D It's pretty disastrous, I love when the guitar comes in after that epic drum fill. I feel that it has a pretty dark vibe to it.

I have to agree with this.

• 4 weeks later...

It's the beginning...the intro that always gets me into that slightly creeped feeling...The song itself could have the sweetest lyrics but if the sound is off from the start...

Megalomania, Eternally Missed, Forced In, Spiral Static and Sing for Absolution.

I adore them all but they are all just a bit...wrong...in a wonderful way... :$

If you listen to the lyrics of Neutron Star Collision, there actually does seem to be something a bit creepy going on underneath it. Whether or not that was intentional, though, I have no idea.

Personally i'll go with Hyper Chondriac Music

Well duh, it's about a breakup, so ofc it's gonna have some dark undertones.