Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

Guest Batman.

It's one of the hardest muse songs to get sounding perfect imo :LOL: Still gonna do it though, I don't trust myself to do the second verse (pre-chorus? not sure) of sunburn perfectly in one take.

It's one of the hardest muse songs to get sounding perfect imo :LOL: Still gonna do it though, I don't trust myself to do the second verse (pre-chorus? not sure) of sunburn perfectly in one take.

If you're afraid you won't be able to play it without mistakes then don't be afraid to play your own interpretation of it. Shows creativity and who knows, we may like it more than the original

Well I'm doing Falling down(guitar), Dead star(guitar), Hyper Music(bass) and Stockholm Syndrome(guitar)

I'm actually very happy with the list, lots of songs I already know chosen which suits me fine :D

Personally I would have liked PiB to be in there somewhere but you get what you give.

Why is everyone scared of Falling down? Its easy.

If you're afraid you won't be able to play it without mistakes then don't be afraid to play your own interpretation of it. Shows creativity and who knows, we may like it more than the original

Exactly, I remember I was learning Blackbird by The Beatles I couldn't get the picking right so I just did my own version and people seem to like it more.

If you wondering why there are some odd couples it because we wanted to get one guitar and bass orientated song and one piano orientated song each week.

Guest Batman.

It'd end up coming out as some depressing morose spaceman type shit, like all my original compositions :LOL: Thinking of doing some of my own stuff on either CE or SS though, not sure which yet..

Falling Down, New Born, Hyper Music, Citizen Erased.

Fuck yeah :yesey:

Same here :awesome:

So what's the date of the deadline for the first week's entries? 7th December?

So what's the date of the deadline for the first week's entries? 7th December?

Well, we'll see how keen people are to start. Seeing as we have a month before it starts we might start it earlier and maybe increase the length of a few rounds, meaning there's less pressure to record it in a hurry

Guest Batman.
Well, we'll see how keen people are to start. Seeing as we have a month before it starts we might start it earlier and maybe increase the length of a few rounds, meaning there's less pressure to record it in a hurry

I'd personally rather not start until mid-november at the earliest, because I'm stuck with a shite amp until then :LOL: I'll make do if everyone else wants to start though

I'd personally rather not start until mid-november at the earliest, because I'm stuck with a shite amp until then :LOL: I'll make do if everyone else wants to start though

I think Mid November sounds alright. Gives at least another couple of weeks before we start, and people can record their covers now if they want that it's all been announced (just don't post them till the rounds begin!). Anyway, I'm too tired to sort out any more of this right now, I'm off

Ahah, cheers Olly! ;)

So Sunburn, New Born, Hyper Music and then either of the last round for me. :)

I have to say though (and I know this another complaint and that I'm full of them at the moment :LOL: ), I do think Round 2's really hard for those playing piano. New Born's only piano bit is the beginning. Unless they're gonna be creative and play the whole song, which they'll have to, I guess. Apologies for yet another complaint, just wanted to point it out. :)

Ahah, cheers Olly! ;)

So Sunburn, New Born, Hyper Music and then either of the last round for me. :)

I have to say though (and I know this another complaint and that I'm full of them at the moment :LOL: ), I do think Round 2's really hard for those playing piano. New Born's only piano bit is the beginning. Unless they're gonna be creative and play the whole song, which they'll have to, I guess. Apologies for yet another complaint, just wanted to point it out. :)

Aha, if anyone has a problem with the rounds they can take it up with Longan! He decided on them! Although most people seem to be satisfied with them at the moment. Besides, we actually had to sub in Sunburn and Space Dementia in favour of a couple of others otherwise piano players would have had a VERY difficult time

Anyways, NOW I'm off to sleep

Also, not sure whether to do Dead Star or New Born. Dead Star is more fun to play for me, but New Born has more opportunities to show off

Wait what?

So each individual song is going to have its own individual poll? But... thats stupid.

If youre going to do it like that then why not just have six rounds so we can all play all the songs? The whole point of having a choice of two songs per round is so that you choose your strongest and compete against whichever everybody else has chosen. Besides, if only one person chooses (for arguments sake) Falling Down, and everybody else chooses Sunburn, then where is the competition?

Seriously, one poll per round. Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious because I'm so tired. But I dont think I am, I think its just stupid.

Will reassess in the morning, but for now this is stupid.

Archived