Origin of Symmetry artwork

SeanBeckk

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I've tried searching for the answer but couldn't find anything, but what exactly are the field goal shaped objects on the album cover? OoS is probably my favorite album and artwork but I just never knew what they were haha.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I've tried searching for the answer but couldn't find anything, but what exactly are the field goal shaped objects on the album cover? OoS is probably my favorite album and artwork but I just never knew what they were haha.

tuning forks :) See:

tn_HarmonicSpectrumTuningForks1.jpg

Don't think anyone knows. At Leeds/Reading on the video for New Born they were shown as transmitters sending a message to aliens so it could be that or it could just be Muse being pretentious again :rolleyes:

There was an interview when OoS came out, briefly mentioned in on Musewiki in the Micro Cuts page.

He talks about a landscape, with the stuff going in your brain, I think he mentioned those forks in those landscape or something

Or maybe it was all just the artist's interpretation of Origin of Symmetry

There was an interview when OoS came out, briefly mentioned in on Musewiki in the Micro Cuts page.

He talks about a landscape, with the stuff going in your brain, I think he mentioned those forks in those landscape or something

Or maybe it was all just the artist's interpretation of Origin of Symmetry

Yeah, I think this is right. I heard they gave the name to a bunch of artists and they did what they want. And they picked their favourite to be the cover and the rest are on the inside cover

Yeah, I think this is right. I heard they gave the name to a bunch of artists and they did what they want. And they picked their favourite to be the cover and the rest are on the inside cover

Yes, that doesn't answer the question though.

You don't understand.'

No, I understood perfectly.

I was confirming what Dominic had said about it being the artists interpretation of the 'Origin of Symmetry'

...Which I thought was common knowledge for a Muse fan...And which still doesn't answer the question.

• 4 years later...

Nobody knows what it is, I want to believe they are some sort of antennas abandoned.

However some time ago I saw this image and the first thing that comes to my mind was:

It's OOS cover art!

It's a photograph taken by Frans Lanting, I believe in Namibia, Africa.

The similarity is so insane, maybe the artist get inspiration from that place.

ThomTrees.thumb.jpg.2ccb2322faa502adef628d05c55f33a9.jpg

Archived