What MUSE song shall I learn next!?

kbryant94

Hey guys, I love playing MUSE on guitar so much... they're so fun to play. I'm curious as to what song to learn next. So far, I know how to play Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Exo-Politics, Muscle Museum, Knights of Cydonia, Plug In Baby, Starlight, Micro Cuts, and Uprising.

Thanks!!!

Can't wait to see my first MUSE concert by the way! Any news on when they'll drop that new album and start touring again?

Yea, I gave Citizen Erased a shot... it was really challenging so I didn't push myself to learn it just yet. Is it as hard as it looks?

It's just getting used to the 1 1 2 12 2 1221 2 rhythm. After you get that you've got the solos to worry about.

You should try Stockholm Syndrome though. That opening riff was one of the first riffs I learned on guitar, just take it slowly at first.

Hey guys, I love playing MUSE on guitar so much... they're so fun to play. I'm curious as to what song to learn next. So far, I know how to play Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Exo-Politics, Muscle Museum, Knights of Cydonia, Plug In Baby, Starlight, Micro Cuts, and Uprising.

Thanks!!!

Can't wait to see my first MUSE concert by the way! Any news on when they'll drop that new album and start touring again?

New Born and Stockholm Syndrome

But those are probably my two favorite songs, which is why I'm recommending them :$

And not yet, I'd just keep an eye on the website for news I guess

Citizen Erased is a fun one for me, if you can get the tuning.

You only need the top 5 strings so it doesn't matter what tuning it is really. Just don't bother with the dropped A in the intro, and you're fine for the rest of it. I never had a problem with the rhythm of it either, so it seems odd to me that some people are saying they have trouble with that. Anyway, I'd say it's not as hard as it looks, if you can get the acoustic parts down, but it is a great song to play. In fact, I rediscovered my own love if it (and New Born too) last night.

I would say learn the songs you like most first, but I do note that you're missing things like Hyper Music which are huge fun to play, in my opinion. Or Dead Star is very simply but very fun. I'd recommend learning whatever you enjoy most though, as you'll have more incentive to learn it.

You only need the top 5 strings so it doesn't matter what tuning it is really. Just don't bother with the dropped A in the intro, and you're fine for the rest of it. I never had a problem with the rhythm of it either, so it seems odd to me that some people are saying they have trouble with that. Anyway, I'd say it's not as hard as it looks, if you can get the acoustic parts down, but it is a great song to play. In fact, I rediscovered my own love if it (and New Born too) last night.

I would say learn the songs you like most first, but I do note that you're missing things like Hyper Music which are huge fun to play, in my opinion. Or Dead Star is very simply but very fun. I'd recommend learning whatever you enjoy most though, as you'll have more incentive to learn it.

That. To be honest, the only bit that I'd consider difficult is that quiet bit after the first chorus

Definitely. In fact I always find that it still puts a smile on my face when I'm playing Citizen Erased and I play that acoustic segment flawlessly, because it just sounds so good when you get it spot on. The rest of it isn't too complicated really, and there are a few bits that you can just mess around in if you want.

You only need the top 5 strings so it doesn't matter what tuning it is really. Just don't bother with the dropped A in the intro, and you're fine for the rest of it.

That's what I normally do actually. But the riff sounds so much better with the drop A, also I can do the heavy before the solo (like from Glasto '04 or Wembley '10)

Also to add to the list, The Small Print and Unnatural Selection are fun, and not to challenging to learn.

Thanks guys. I heard Stockholm Syndrome is one of their hardest song due to how consistently fast it's played. But I do like New Born, and I do like Hyper Music (although not as much as I like Hyper Chondriac Music :LOL: ) but yea well see. If anyone wants to check the youtube channel I only have one video up now... but I'll definitely be putting up MUSE covers soon.

Thanks guys. I heard Stockholm Syndrome is one of their hardest song due to how consistently fast it's played. But I do like New Born, and I do like Hyper Music (although not as much as I like Hyper Chondriac Music :LOL: ) but yea well see. If anyone wants to check the youtube channel I only have one video up now... but I'll definitely be putting up MUSE covers soon.

Perhaps a link to the youtube channel?

Welcome to the boards btw :happy:

That's what I normally do actually. But the riff sounds so much better with the drop A, also I can do the heavy before the solo (like from Glasto '04 or Wembley '10)

Yeah, I do agree that it sounds much better, but it's too much hassle to retune from E down to A for one song in my opinion so I normally don't bother. If I do want to do it, I sometimes use a Whammy pedal, but most of the time I just leave it. When I get my 7 string custom though, we'll be in business! :awesome:

Some serious shit's gonna go down when I plug it in for the first time! :LOL:

Yeah, I do agree that it sounds much better, but it's too much hassle to retune from E down to A for one song in my opinion so I normally don't bother. If I do want to do it, I sometimes use a Whammy pedal, but most of the time I just leave it. When I get my 7 string custom though, we'll be in business! :awesome:

Some serious shit's gonna go down when I plug it in for the first time! :LOL:

Turning a tuning peg a turn or 2? I do it really regularly. Drop it to A for a couple of Them Crooked Vultures riffs, D for some Radiohead (even DBDGBE or CGCGBE at times for weirder Radiohead) or heavy. No fuss.

Turning a tuning peg a turn or 2? I do it really regularly. Drop it to A for a couple of Them Crooked Vultures riffs, D for some Radiohead (even DBDGBE or CGCGBE at times for weirder Radiohead) or heavy. No fuss.

My most used guitar has a tremolo, so it's not very fun to change tunings at all.

Archived