Musers london meeting

cheurley

Hi Dear Beloved Musers

I'd like to set up a meeting for British Musers (probably in London) ; I know some Musers who have done that in NY I think...

It could be an awesome oppurtunity to meet some new friends, share our experience during gigs/meeting with Chris, Matt or Dom, sharing pics, videos etc... obvisouly just talk about Muse.

To be honest I dream about this for a looooooooog time and since the wait is going to be long until next album/gigs, I thought the time would look shorter if we wait all together.

JUST SPREAD THE WORD ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, WHEREVER YOU HAVE MUSER FRIENDS

Who would be possibly in so we know if it's worth trying to organize something?

Cheers Musers :D

Right. Few things wrong here.

1) We often arrange muser meets, so really, good idea would be to put some idea of when you would like to have this meet and what would you like to do during it.

2) This is the non-muse area so if the aim of your meet-up is just to "talk about Muse", I doubt many people would be interested. Needs to be other things to do. Maybe people on main muse off-topics would be more happy just to talk about Muse?

3) If you really want to do musey things, how about just meeting up with Chris when he has his football meetings?

4) I personally object to the boldened "british musers" meet-up. Are other nationalities living in UK not wanted?

For these reasons, I'm out.

Be fair, I think this guy made an effort, and obviously thought this is the forum to put his idea in. If you're new to moos.mu then this whole segregation of muse and non-muse is a little odd (though entirely necessarily given how annoying Muse fans are).

Be fair, I think this guy made an effort, and obviously thought this is the forum to put his idea in. If you're new to moos.mu then this whole segregation of muse and non-muse is a little odd (though entirely necessarily given how annoying Muse fans are).

He's joined a year ago. I would think that's enough time. He hasn't posted very much though, which might suggest people don't know him, and might be reluctant to meet him, as well. I mean, I'm fine meeting people from the internet but after I have talked to them enough to assure myself they're people I want to meet.

1) We often arrange muser meets, so really, good idea would be to put some idea of when you would like to have this meet and what would you like to do during it.

2) This is the non-muse area so if the aim of your meet-up is just to "talk about Muse", I doubt many people would be interested. Needs to be other things to do. Maybe people on main muse off-topics would be more happy just to talk about Muse?

3) If you really want to do musey things, how about just meeting up with Chris when he has his football meetings?

4) I personally object to the boldened "british musers" meet-up. Are other nationalities living in UK not wanted?

Woua dude I dont know what is wrong with you ; having a bad day or is this your normal mood? I've always met really nice and cheerful Musers (I thought they all were) you're definetely not part of these!

1rst : I am a girl ! You couldnt know, fine

2nd : I definetely didnt pay attention while posting the message on the non-muse part and I am sorry for that, I am going to change this.

3rdThank you for your amazing cleverness ; I've been to the game Chris organized last saturday, I met him, talked to him, made a picture with him, and I met a nice Muser called Shannon ; after that I came up with the idea of the meeting, so I could met other Musers like her (once more you're SO not included)

4- : I am French, so excuse me for the language mistakes I could have done (you look so clever you definetely speak another language fluently do you?); by British people I meant people living in UK of course, or if anyone want to travel to come, he is welcome but I doubt Americain Musers would fly 10 hours only for that, wouldnt they?

5- yeah I dont post that much here, but I read a lot, and when I see posts like yours, dont be surprised if I dont answer !

I'll conclue with THIS A MUSER FORUMS MEANT FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE MUSE WHO ALWAYS YEAR FOR MORE THAN JUST GOING TO GIG and even if your cynicism seems to habe eaten you up, I am sure lot of people will be glad to be part of this meeting.

WOOOO I've actually just read my private message

Spectrum IV

Bleed if I want to

Facebook icon Xbox Live icon You Tube icon

Thread moved

Hi there,

I've moved your thread to Banter, as that's the correct forum for meetup threads. This is just a friendly reminder for future reference.

Good luck with the meet!

My post have been moved to the non muse part, I POSTED IT ON THE MUSE PART

Dont need apologies

4- : I am French, so excuse me for the language mistakes I could have done (you look so clever you definetely speak another language fluently do you?); by British people I meant people living in UK of course, or if anyone want to travel to come, he is welcome but I doubt Americain Musers would fly 10 hours only for that, wouldnt they?

You'd be surprised :LOL: Cottoncandy is Finnish but lives in the UK, hence the short answer.

Moving it to Banter was my decision. The thread was initially posted in OMT, and despite the band-related discussions it still wasn't quite relevant to Muse. Add to that the history of meet threads being posted in Banter, and I assumed this would be a better forum for the thread.

What I failed to take into consideration was the lack of Muse fans in Banter, and that most prior meetup threads weren't about band-related chatter.

I'm really sorry for this, guys. :( It was a huge fail on my part, and admittedly very poor judgment.

I'm gonna move this back to OMT so that it hopefully reaches the right audience.

cheurley, legendary banter slayer. :LOL: I like them.

God forbid musers meet up and talk about the reason they met up. :facepalm: The segregation of Muse and Off Topic is a self propagating myth.

For the record I and my American Musers friends have flow across purely to see each other, it is in fact quite common albeit painfully expensive, I assure you!

And good on them for trying to start a Muser meet. It must be very hard for newcomers to meet up with other Musers when most Muse meets in the UK are probably the same old people talking about people and things newcomers would be completely lost upon hearing. This isn't a criticism of that, but there has to be room for alternatives.

This must be Duncan Bannatyne's daughter. Must be.

Hey cheurley, it's Shannon! I think this is a brilliant idea, I've met loads of really amazing people at Muse gigs, a few of whom are now my closest friends :happy: Definitely count me in, we could travel in to London together if you like :happy:

It's not so easy for Musers to meet up when the band aren't doing gigs, and I'm not sure what Chris would think of us hijacking one of his football games for a social meet up :LOL: Best of luck organising a meet up, let me know if you want any help :kiss:

trying to meet people is cool. i get that.

but why do people post on public threads messages they have received privately? i thought that was the whole point of sending a "private message" :unsure:

Cause I was defendind myself for what i've been blamed!

cheers everyone who are up for this : I didnt mean to "organize" the thing by myself, I just wanted to start a thread and so everyone could give his ideas about what a great meeting could be ;)

Archived