Q Mag-Music that changed my Life feature

saski86

U2 are my absolute favourite band. I hate the fact that it's 'cool' and easy to hate them (yadda yadda Bono/effects pedals/tax whatever), it makes me get all defensive about them.

I probably wouldn't buy a Beyonce album but she's had some brilliant singles over the past few year. I even liked Run The World.

Alicia Keys is pretty good too, although I do feel sometimes her songs aren't as good as her musicianship. She has some pretty damn good songs as well.

U2 are my absolute favourite band. I hate the fact that it's 'cool' and easy to hate them (yadda yadda Bono/effects pedals/tax whatever), it makes me get all defensive about them.

I used to feel that way when people trashed U2, but after all of these years, I'm actually surprised when someone isn't ragging on them. ;)

U2 used to be my favorite band!.....in 1985.

:LOL: They are still one of my favorites, although they definitely lost me for a few years during the Pop era. I couldn't get into that album at the time, and skipped the tour. It wasn't until about six years ago that I developed an appreciation for more of the songs on that album.

FINALLY! Evidence that Dom does indeed like to bum Matt... that pic is fecking classic :LOL:. Lots of lols in their music choices - especially Matt's interest in a certain Alicia Keys song! I thought her first album was good, but it all kinda went downhill from there. And, of course, Dom has to give the gayest of answers with Abba and Queen :p. At least Chris has some taste (Status Quo aside) ;).

Matt's taste in music is fine. People who only listen to one genre of music are generally really boring, anyway.

Also, the fact that U2 made War and Zooropa automatically makes them not shit, regardless of how mediocre their recent output might have been.

I listen to multiple genres of music. Just not terrible music, like Beyonce or some of Matt's other more modern tastes.

I wouldn't call U2 terrible, but not really my type of music.

This arrived on my doormat this morning, taken a while for me to scan and upload as I still haven't stopped laughing at the photo, WTF :eek::LOL::LOL::LOL:

IMG_0001.jpg

Here is attatched article.

I'm really hope some of Matt's choice of artists aren't going to influence the next album:noey: R&B, Hip Hop, Alicia Keys, Beyonce & U2:wtf::facepalm:

IMG.jpg

Enjoy :D:D

I can't see the article for some reason.

I can't see the article for some reason.

It's been removed from the poster's Photobucket account it looks like. :(

Maybe someone else will put up a pic.

Don't know why that's happened. I didn't remove it, you should be able to see it again now.:D

• 1 month later...
Surprised to see Dom talking up NIN as a band with "a great drummer". Sure, most of With Teeth's percussion is Dave Grohl and the guy who drummed on that tour (ended up on the Beside You In Time dvd) is a beast, but much of NIN's best percussion was programmed by Trent Reznor.

I still prefer the live drumming of Josh Freese (the beast) over the in studio programming by Trent. Josh is amazing.

Proooof:

s0Rdn1n8yW4

• 2 weeks later...

Archived