School concert suggestions

Dave.

I've done that the last two times (KoC and SS) and this time since our band is 'headlining':LOL: We have to do a more popular song, and since Muse songs have gone down well the last few times why change?

Haha. You're not being mainstream enough obviously. :LOL:

I don't know why you'd want to play Starlight. I've never played it on guitar, admittedly, but I'd find it a bit boring. At least go for something you're going to enjoy playing and you can move around a bit to.

I'm not that excellent at guitar (okay, I outright suck). My thing is keyboard and synth and such, and I even suck at THAT. But I would really and truly have to say "Why Muse?". Regulars at my school are Metallica, 3 Doors Down, Green Day, that kind of thing. If you play, for example, Holiday, you are going to get a pretty good reaction out of the crowd, because everyone knows their songs. If you go for Muse, however, I would probably go for Starlight (yeah).

Hope I helped :happy:

I'm not that excellent at guitar (okay, I outright suck). My thing is keyboard and synth and such, and I even suck at THAT. But I would really and truly have to say "Why Muse?". Regulars at my school are Metallica, 3 Doors Down, Green Day, that kind of thing. If you play, for example, Holiday, you are going to get a pretty good reaction out of the crowd, because everyone knows their songs. If you go for Muse, however, I would probably go for Starlight (yeah).

Hope I helped :happy:

1715845552_tn_memes_no_face_of_course_not_answer_2_xlarge.jpg

But seriously, the reason I want to do Muse is that firstly, I like playing their songs. Secondly, I can play most of their songs with about a week or two of practice and thirdly because they're fairly well known (By which I mean if you ask someone do they like the band muse most will say "Yeah, they're good".

And speaking of Metallica, my teacher was telling me that once a fella did a cover of master of puppets. It was note prefect and sounded prefect, but nobody knew what it was so they didn't care much for it. Starlight, SMBH, TIRO and hysteria are all songs people know when they hear them (I'm excluding Uprising as it was done two years ago by another band) so really it suits they suit the bill well. And I have loads of setting for their songs so I don' have too much work to do there.

But seriously, the reason I want to do Muse is that firstly, I like playing their songs. Secondly, I can play most of their songs with about a week or two of practice and thirdly because they're fairly well known (By which I mean if you ask someone do they like the band muse most will say "Yeah, they're good".

And you cant learn Green Day within an hour?! :LOL:

And speaking of Metallica, my teacher was telling me that once a fella did a cover of master of puppets. It was note prefect and sounded prefect, but nobody knew what it was so they didn't care much for it. Starlight, SMBH, TIRO and hysteria are all songs people know when they hear them (I'm excluding Uprising as it was done two years ago by another band) so really it suits they suit the bill well. And I have loads of setting for their songs so I don' have too much work to do there.

yeah those songs always go down well! there was a guy at my school wo did a 10 minute shedding thing perfectly but everyone went to sleep :LOL:

I get why you wanna do muse, they are powerful good songs that you can make into a show... or you could crash and burn. either or...

The vocals are the hardest part of any muse song really (except for B&H) and I'm slowly getting my voice but to the standard needed. I can hit the high notes easily (I can even do showbiz on a good day) but the only part thats kinda hard is the shouting voice and the vibrato at low notes. But I have 2 or 3 months anyway

The vocals are the hardest part of any muse song really (except for B&H) and I'm slowly getting my voice but to the standard needed. I can hit the high notes easily (I can even do showbiz on a good day) but the only part thats kinda hard is the shouting voice and the vibrato at low notes. But I have 2 or 3 months anyway

yeah i was gonna say that - the singing is always terrible on muse covers... i was thinking of doing this last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTosCGTyi0

I saw that vid when it had 300ish views :phu:

Butterflies and Hurricanes easy? Bring it on.

Archived