School concert suggestions

Dave.

I'm doing a school concert in december and I'm looking for a good Muse song to play. (NOTE: I've already done SS and KoC)

I'm looking for something a bit more well known. But I'm finding it hard to choose one.

Starlight, Invincible, Plug in Baby theyd probably all go down well

Depending on the schools general taste, SMBH could be good considering it's supposed to me a hybrid of Rock and R'n'B?

At my school concert we did Paranoid Android, Sultans of Swing and some Punk-pipe rock and it all went well :)

Why do I want to do Muse? Because apart from one or two songs I can almost all of their songs with about 3 weeks of practice and their songs always seems to go down well in my school. I already have SMBH, PiB AND Dead star in my ready to go list. But neither PiB or Dead star would be well known enough. Al the moment I'm between Smbh, Starlight (Cause then I can do a bit of piano :D) Hysteria and tiro. We were going to do resistance last year but the drummer said he couldn't do it. And this year we have an even newer drummer.

Why do I want to do Muse? Because apart from one or two songs I can almost all of their songs with about 3 weeks of practice and their songs always seems to go down well in my school. I already have SMBH, PiB AND Dead star in my ready to go list. But neither PiB or Dead star would be well known enough. Al the moment I'm between Smbh, Starlight (Cause then I can do a bit of piano :D) Hysteria and trio. We were going to do resistance last year but the drummer said he couldn't do it. And this year we have an even newer drummer.

Time Running Is Out is a good song eh? ;) but yeah starlight would be good.

At first I thought you were saying it sarcastically as in you hate it!

Ha, it's not my favorite, but it's no NSC. Or Undisclosed. Or Guiding Shite. Or Resistance. Or Starlight to an extent. Fuck it, every song MB wrote after KoC apart from Exogenisis, Unnatural Selection and MK U. Uprising... meh take out the chorus and the synth line and i'll take it.

Anyway, it turns out that TIRO is a fucking masterpiece compared to some of their later work.

Ha, it's not my favorite, but it's no NSC. Or Undisclosed. Or Guiding Shite. Or Resistance. Or Starlight to an extent. Fuck it, every song MB wrote after KoC apart from Exogenisis, Unnatural Selection and MK U. Uprising... meh take out the chorus and the synth line and i'll take it.

Anyway, it turns out that TIRO is a fucking masterpiece compared to some of their later work.

Add some brown photo tint to that post and you got some quality hipster points there :LOL:

Undisclosed and Starlight aren't bad, just UD seems a bit weak live. Resistance had a lot more potential.

TIRO was the song that got me into Muse, but since the BH&R tour it's never really sounded as beefy as it should live. I remember thinking at Reading it was the only song where Matt's guitar sounded a bit weak

Undisclosed and Starlight aren't bad, just UD seems a bit weak live. Resistance had a lot more potential.

TIRO was the song that got me into Muse, but since the BH&R tour it's never really sounded as beefy as it should live. I remember thinking at Reading it was the only song where Matt's guitar sounded a bit weak

UD? No thanks, its not even that well known. I'll ask around tomorrow about what songs people recognize. Just play the riff and ask.

I agree its sounded thinner lately, thats most likely because Matts stopped using 007 as much live

UD? No thanks, its not even that well known. I'll ask around tomorrow about what songs people recognize. Just play the riff and ask.

I agree its sounded thinner lately, thats most likely because Matts stopped using 007 as much live

Oh I wasn't suggesting you should do UD for your performance :LOL: And I actually think it's the way Matt plays TIRO. Perhaps it'd be beefier if he just played power chords

I'd do SMBH or Hysteria, I'm thinking of doing those two for the talent show this year...now that everyone's settled down about my guitar having a light in it, it's time to blow their minds again by introducing the idea that the light makes squeaky noises :eek:

:LOL:

Everything in that post is absolutely classic! :LOL:

I was talking to girl (:eek:) a while ago who saw Muse at T in the Park last year. She went in to great detail about the television screen that the lead singer has in his guitar.

I hope you went into a full in-depth explanation about what it actually is and how MIDI works. I imagine it would be like whenever James May has a woman in his car and starts explaining about what model it is and how the engine works! :LOL:

Archived