Abbey Road

MattMuse1991

Hey,

I've been racking my brains for a while trying to think what amps Matt was using at the BH&R session in 2006. His tone seemed different in the sense that it was very over-saturated but not as punchy as his normal 'live' tone and judging by the amount of high end he has it sounds as though he might be using a digital distortion pedal for knights?? i'm just guessing but maybe some people could shed some light on this....

Knights Of Cydonia @ Abbey Road

Hey,

I've been racking my brains for a while trying to think what amps Matt was using at the BH&R session in 2006. His tone seemed different in the sense that it was very over-saturated but not as punchy as his normal 'live' tone and judging by the amount of high end he has it sounds as though he might be using a digital distortion pedal for knights?? i'm just guessing but maybe some people could shed some light on this....

Knights Of Cydonia @ Abbey Road

His main amp set-up is in its simplest an AC30 for cleans and a diezel for distorted and with a fuzz factory. In knights its most likely the diezel on distortion.

For small TV performances he usually uses a scaled down rig and sometimes the POD, now the M13. Abbey road probably warranted the full amp set up, but chances are it wasn't running the full rig.

Most likely they had just the gear they needed to Starlight, MOTP and KoC. But I'd say they had all the gear for those songs.

well i doubt they would have taken what they needed out the rack for those specific songs. they would have brought the lot, or the tv show mini rig.

Seems to me other than the sequenced effect in MotP and delay in Starlight there wasn't much need for effects so who knows. can you see any gear in the videos? i haven't watched them for years.

Archived