GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

I thought you ordered one a while back?

I did, but there was some huge delay in getting it to the dealer (which isn't listed on the maton website anymore for some reason). Ended up canceling.

If I get one, I'm probably going to find a place that actually has one in stock and order it from them...chances are that will be a place in australia though :facepalm:

There's one for sale in pennsylvania right now, but it's on craigslist ... generally they don't ship.

I did, but there was some huge delay in getting it to the dealer (which isn't listed on the maton website anymore for some reason). Ended up canceling.

If I get one, I'm probably going to find a place that actually has one in stock and order it from them...chances are that will be a place in australia though :facepalm:

There's one for sale in pennsylvania right now, but it's on craigslist ... generally they don't ship.

Funny you say that, I played a couple of Maton's yesterday while I was in a music shop for about three hours. To sum them up, they were great. I actually own a Maton acoustic which I can only describe as being the least forgiving guitar on my fingers, but worth it for the sound. :) First guitar I learned on too.

I'm gassing an electric upright bass now... With a bow. Posted it in another thread and after hearing some clips, it sounds like a smart investment... Damn monies. :LOL:

I can't remember the exact models of all of them we tried (mainly the acoustics). There was a fretless bass that made me jelly but it seems like they had this bass for about 5 years at least.

The one I definitely remember was the MS2000-dlx which we played through a no name "cheap" wireless guitar system and a Line6 amp. http://www.maton.com.au/electrics/ms2000-dlx.html

This meant I couldn't get an exact idea of how it sounded, even if I thought it did sound quite good. It did however, feel good and play superbly. I thought it would be a bit of an adventure from my usual strat love affair, it could have also been the good setup, none the less, I approve wholly of anyone who gets one. :D

So I didn't end up with the guitar, or a bass but I did buy "that" wireless system for $100. I'll record some samples of that later for an unbiased review. With guitar it was sweet but I know it should suck with bass but we'll see, could be a suprise. :LOL:

EDIT: The other Maton that really shone through as fantastic was a travel sized acoustic. If I played acoustic more, I would buy that.

So yesterday I had a Jaguar/Jazzmaster shootout...

I like the Jaguar better because it's what IntelligentAl likes best because of the scale length. Feels more like a Les Paul (which I'm used to) than the Jazzmaster.

Also, I haven't played the MB-1 in ages :(

Jim :eek: don't tell me you've been playing that les paul more

I just finished restringing mine... after complaining about it for a year and a half, I decided to put lighter A and D strings on (standard 10's gauge) with a .052 for the 6th string. Feels much easier to play that way and doesn't rattle as much.

Maybe I can stop worrying and put it in standard tuning for once

So yesterday I had a Jaguar/Jazzmaster shootout...

I like the Jaguar better because it's what IntelligentAl likes best because of the scale length. Feels more like a Les Paul (which I'm used to) than the Jazzmaster.

Also, I haven't played the MB-1 in ages :(

Why not?

Archived