GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

Guest Batman.
I'm just glad you're not getting that hand cutout (what was the name for it again?) that his guitars have

Monkey grip?

I've never liked that either, it looks ridiculous.

I'm just glad you're not getting that hand cutout (what was the name for it again?) that his guitars have

G.A.S.-ing for this at the moment...the peavey's nice, but this is probably a lot better

DV016_Jpg_Large_H72332.001_flat_black_R.jpg

Monkey-grip. And that wolfgang is wild yummy.

Aye, I know the thing you mean. I've never liked them personally either. The JEMs have them but the Universe's don't as far as I'm aware. Apart from the fact that the JEMs are 6-string and the Universe's are 7-string, I think it's basically the same shape apart from that though.

I've never played a universe but id assume theyd be a bit wider coz theyre 7 string. I saw on the ibanez site that theyre (finally) doin an evo sig model :awesome: however i will reserve full :awesome: til i see the price :(

Aye, I know the thing you mean. I've never liked them personally either. The JEMs have them but the Universe's don't as far as I'm aware. Apart from the fact that the JEMs are 6-string and the Universe's are 7-string, I think it's basically the same shape apart from that though.

Vai was doing the whole sustainer thing well before Bellz, such a great player!

I bought this a few months ago, the shop refunded the payment because they wasn't happy shipping to the uk :-(

Really? Why does it even matter? Shipping is paid by the buyer anyway, isn't it?

Must've been disappointed to say the least .. :/

I've never played a universe but id assume theyd be a bit wider coz theyre 7 string. I saw on the ibanez site that theyre (finally) doin an evo sig model :awesome: however i will reserve full :awesome: til i see the price :(

Yeah, my custom's a 7-string (why not, if I'm going to all that trouble, right?) so I based it off the Universe shape. I think you're right, it's a bit wider than the JEMs, and for my custom shape, I actually tweaked it a bit and fleshed the horns out a bit more too so they're not as thin as the Ibanez ones. Should look good. :)

Vai was doing the whole sustainer thing well before Bellz, such a great player!

Indeedy. Already had Mansons test a sustainiac with an aluminium guitar and no problems. Sustainer + Trem will be lush, lush, lush! :)

Really? Why does it even matter? Shipping is paid by the buyer anyway, isn't it?

Must've been disappointed to say the least .. :/

Yeah was abit, they said they have had to many damaged with shipping to the uk, would of liked it but the trussart i have is great. I bought a few other guitars instead of it.

Guest Batman.

The only thing that annoys me about that guy is his cheapmovie/heavymetal/tacky name, why would you add an 'X' to the end of your name? :LOL:

But yeah he is awesome at life. I want to be him.

And that tele sounds amazing, I want.

Guest Batman.
Probably because his full name is Phil Xenidis :ninja:

Hmm it still sounds tacky somehow :LOL: If he used his full name, he'd be full-awesome.

Guest Batman.
Nah. Funny how definitions change with the times...Greek is now synonymous with bankrupt, financially invalid, Irish, etc...

Still makes me think of philosophers and fancy yoghurts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived