GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

is the 50s Tribute the one thats kinda like a Studio but with P90s and a few frills? Really liked the look of those when they came out, wanted to try one but Gibsons are so rare in guitar shops around here.

Really keen on a P90 equipped guitar in general at the moment. Since finishing my Strat, I've kinda neglected all my other guitars, in fact I think I've only played the Les Paul a handful of times since, and not for very long each time because somehow it just doesnt sound as nice as the Strat. Whiiiiich is why I was thinking about getting some humbucker sized P90s to put in it, hopefully inspire me to play it a bit more.

Any reccomendations on HB size P90s? And nobody say BKPs, I have no interest on spending millionz of pennies on a set of pickups :happy:

Guest Batman.
is the 50s Tribute the one thats kinda like a Studio but with P90s and a few frills? Really liked the look of those when they came out, wanted to try one but Gibsons are so rare in guitar shops around here.

Really keen on a P90 equipped guitar in general at the moment. Since finishing my Strat, I've kinda neglected all my other guitars, in fact I think I've only played the Les Paul a handful of times since, and not for very long each time because somehow it just doesnt sound as nice as the Strat. Whiiiiich is why I was thinking about getting some humbucker sized P90s to put in it, hopefully inspire me to play it a bit more.

Any reccomendations on HB size P90s? And nobody say BKPs, I have no interest on spending millionz of pennies on a set of pickups :happy:

MBK-1's. ;)

I think Wilkinson have some humbucker sized P-90's, not 100% sure though.

Nah, it still had legit rosewood. My brother bought one of the SG Juniors though, which does have the baked maple fretboard. It's really light, but it doesn't sound bad...

yeah they're light guitars. What sort of sound does it have?

I had a '68 (?) reissue from 2001 which was pretty much the same guitar. It just had the larger pickguard and soap bar P90. and it had a rosewood board of course.

Why not get something and pop some MBK-1s in? :awesome: I wish I still had that bridge P90 I sold to Tomexclamationpoint...or at least the specs of it so I could get a similar set made.

yeah they're light guitars. What sort of sound does it have?

I had a '68 (?) reissue from 2001 which was pretty much the same guitar. It just had the larger pickguard and soap bar P90. and it had a rosewood board of course.

Why not get something and pop some MBK-1s in? :awesome: I wish I still had that bridge P90 I sold to Tomexclamationpoint...or at least the specs of it so I could get a similar set made.

Nah, I meant the fretboard is really light. The guitar is, too :facepalm:

I'm seriously thinking about that Les Paul. Wouldn't want to re-route for humbucker-sized P90s--but the Gibson ones were surprisingly nice. Could always get some soapbar BKPS though

Problem: Ideally, I'd just trade my Explorer for the Les Paul. The Explorer hardly ever gets used and I don't particularly like the pickups, but it has a lot of sentimental value for being my first real electric... I'd be sad to see it go.

Archived