Hellooo!

iv been on the muse live forums for quite a while and someone said i should post this on here too. so i am.

This thread is basically just showing the guitars i make as/when i make them. some people seem to be interested so i thought i would show, and i always like seeing other peoples builds, so i cant be alone.

anyway, to get them out of the way as im sure everyones rather sick of them by now - i made this one for myself a few years ago. it was the third guitar id ever made, after a gap of 5 years since the one before it

th_P9301214.jpg

its currently getting a makeover - new neck as the original was huge, and remirrored with normal mirror as its cheaper than coloured.

then i made this one for someone - the change in shape was down to him as he didnt just want a straight copy. he never got it in the end as circumstances meant he couldnt pay for it, but someone else bought it and loves it. which is nice.

th_21082007076.jpg

now onto my own designs. so far iv only made two of my designs. this first one was made for my friend. its a SAKURA model - this one is a Sakura Svelte (semi-hollow) Custom (maple front and back, bolt on neck). it has Bare Knuckle P92's with a tuned filter that filters out the mids and gives an acoustic type sound at the turn of a knob.

th_20092007131.jpgth_20092007125.jpgth_guit.jpg

this is the latest one iv done, and the best so far. its a DESIREE. it has a South American Mahogany body with flame maple top (tropical lagoon stain - looks more blue in some of the pics than it is), a one piece Wenge neck with Wenge fretboard and Rosewood binding. Bare Knuckle Mississippi Queen and Nailbomb (with custom etched cover) and Gotoh hardware

th_81.jpgth_61.jpgth_62.jpgth_63.jpg

these are my other designs. IMPRESSIONIST, DECO D, DECO S, AYA, ARCHTOP, SAKURA BASS, DESIREE BASS, DECO S BASS, DECO D BASS

why not? you're allowed not to like things!

thanks for the kind words everyone

ok. But before i do, i dont mean any offence, cos i do like a lot of them.

However, I notice there's almost a sense of repetitiveness about them. Now, being a designer myself, i know that a lot of designers will try to create a sort of style or method that will almost be like a signature for them. And if thats what you're going for, then i think you've already done it, but you're also bringing in a bit of rerpetitiveness.

Personally, i do like the sort of signature-like-style you're going for, i think its quite elegant, but not in a boring way. However, i think that you have the potential to create some really original designs.

Im not at all trying to be negative, and sorry if it comes across like that, but do you see my point or will i be more specific??

PS. I do actually like your designs, and your finished guitars are excellent.

well see theres nothing wrong with that! i was expecting some real nastiness! hehe

i wanted them to be a range if you like - the desiree/sakura guitars and basses, then the deco versions of those ones. obviously the archtop is an upsized deco, and the imp was a kind of crazy version of the desiree. and everyones got to have a strat type thing hehe.

so rather than having lots and lots of different things running around, i thought a nice little group who stay together would be more manageable. as it is i've only made those two, and no one wants one so the others arent getting made anyway. which is a bugger. but ah well.

maybe if i start being in a position to be able to do more and more i would, but maybe not. i seem to go through spurts of being creative, and then outside of that, i cant do anything. which is rather annoying

Those all look really nice. That last one (the blue one) looks a lot like the shape I came up with for a custom guitar for myself (that won't happen for quite a while). The orange one has an amazing finish too.

Edit: That AYA one looks even more like the shape I came up with :LOL:

well see theres nothing wrong with that! i was expecting some real nastiness! hehe

i wanted them to be a range if you like - the desiree/sakura guitars and basses, then the deco versions of those ones. obviously the archtop is an upsized deco, and the imp was a kind of crazy version of the desiree. and everyones got to have a strat type thing hehe.

so rather than having lots and lots of different things running around, i thought a nice little group who stay together would be more manageable. as it is i've only made those two, and no one wants one so the others arent getting made anyway. which is a bugger. but ah well.

maybe if i start being in a position to be able to do more and more i would, but maybe not. i seem to go through spurts of being creative, and then outside of that, i cant do anything. which is rather annoying

i think if you were going for a range, i wouldnt. I'd go for a range of each style. Like take the Impressionist one, for example (i took that one cos i really like the cut into the body. looks nice) You should make an Impressionist Standard, Impressionist SH (Semi Hollow) etc. By doing this, you've a whole new freedom to do slight changes, and really perfect the designs. I think they're all too different to have them all as one range. Each design is definitely good enough to merit its own range.

oh, i probably should have said - the desiree and sakura models have standard, svelte (semi-hollow), jnr. and custom options.

the deco ones are semi-hollow anyway, but i guess there could be jnr. versions with no carving on the top.

the impressionist is designed to have a mirror top on the body, with a step down to the treble horn, which is painted or coloured like the rest of the body and neck. so this could also easily have a jnr version with just a standard finish and flat as opposed to the slightly curved top i have in mind for it.

lol no. not at all. i guess people are reluctant to spend money on someone they've never heard of or seen anyone famous playing. or they seem to think that i should just be charging them for parts and do the rest for free - which iv had once or twice.

lol no. not at all. i guess people are reluctant to spend money on someone they've never heard of or seen anyone famous playing. or they seem to think that i should just be charging them for parts and do the rest for free - which iv had once or twice.

fair enough in some respects, if you are going to charge like alexbarnett rates..

you probably be a bit reluctant, cause his work didnt start off very good, though his new guitar is pretty decent.

but still not a good control of quality and from a large manufacturer you can actually test the guitar before you buy it,

and also no resell value or very low,

though all in all your guitars seem really good quality and look absolutely stunning :D

Edit: hey sherpa_man sorry for having ago at your vids earlier on :D

fair enough in some respects, if you are going to charge like alexbarnett rates..

you probably be a bit reluctant, cause his work didnt start off very good, though his new guitar is pretty decent.

but still not a good control of quality and from a large manufacturer you can actually test the guitar before you buy it,

and also no resell value or very low,

though all in all your guitars seem really good quality and look absolutely stunning :D

Edit: hey sherpa_man sorry for having ago at your vids earlier on :D

Fuck off tyechan