Hardest Muse song on bass?

alyssa_

I'd say most of the really fast songs. Stockholm Syndrome and Butterflies are just so damn fast that it's very hard to play them properly (aka: equal volume levels and neatly playing them!)

Hysteria and Futurism are easy, so is New Born when your bass is properly set up.

Dark Shines is really tricky too.

Keeping up New Born is annoying, but I wouldn't call it hard. Hysteria and Futurism neither.

That little quick bit in Escape however :LOL:

I'd say most of the really fast songs. Stockholm Syndrome and Butterflies are just so damn fast that it's very hard to play them properly (aka: equal volume levels and neatly playing them!)

This. Stockholm I have to use a pick to get it sound right, which sucks cause I really prefer using fingers to play bass.

The chorus in Sunburn makes me freaking annoyed. MK Jam is also really annoying. Notes in NB are easy but yeah, stamina is a real hard thing there/

My god, you're right. Forgot about sunburn. Hammering on works but I never seem to get it clean.

Also, ill have to try dark shines.

With some songs, it's all in the hands of whoever plays the song. Some find some songs more difficult than others. For example. I had a go at Dark Shines last night and I don't think it's that bad. :confused: As for Sunburn, I used to miss the timing on the chorus hammer ons and I on occassion would still do that. I don't get along with it. :LOL:

Another one that others may find difficult, the pre-chous in Resistance. I love playing it. The rest of the album is easy and enjoyable, lot of octaves.

I love those little bluesy bits in showbiz, one of the things i love about the album.

:yesey: Yeah, he used to do more bluesy riffs in the lives shows back then. Falling Down usually had a few extra Clapton style riffs chucked in.

I find Darkshines a cunt to play, but my technique is dire.

Archived