I think it is just because NME heard OoS rarely. If they listen to it more often, and open their mind, I'm sure they will find the awesomeness of OoS and love it.. Or maybe they just dont have taste.. haha..

NME? Open their mind?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :LOL:

To the argument earlier about casuals and OoS, the friends I went to Reading with only know the singles. They loved OoS and two of them have decided they are "Definitely going to get into Muse, they were amazing"

Yeah, a few of them said the same thing here. That said, one person said they were awful. :(

I don't get why everyone thinks the article was so outrageous. It strikes me as a little deluded. Yes NME are terrible and the article was atrociously styled to highlight the bad points but reading the text alone it is pretty balanced and justified.

I don't get why everyone thinks the article was so outrageous. It strikes me as a little deluded. Yes NME are terrible and the article was atrociously styled to highlight the bad points but reading the text alone it is pretty balanced and justified.

+1

• 2 months later...
Well, no, but I think the hype thing is prejudicing his opinion of the music. Where the comparisons with The Strokes come in I don't know. I don't like The Strokes at all but I love The Vaccines. Some people are so hipster they can't bring themselves to like anything that's hyped, even if the hype is justified.

I've never been called a hipster before. Win! Soz to bring this topic up again, but I never saw this reply :p

Trust me, it's really not the case... example: I love Foals, even though they're NME-hyped and very trendy.

What is closer to the mark is that I like music with that is genuine. Bands where you can hear their passion and love for their music bleeding through everything they do.

Ignoring the music itself, yes, for a second.

To me, The Vaccines represent the complete opposite. My point about them the Strokes is that since they hit the scene, every guitar band that comes out seem to up the ante on looking as trendily bored as possible; like their three-chord playing and mumbly worded style is somehow unique. The Drums are an American equivalent now I think of it. They also think they're oh so indie.

Vaccines personify this image to a tee. Their album cover, the album name, their live shows blablabla. And the music itself just bores me. Maybe it's easy to be prejudiced because they've made it big so quickly because of their accessible sound, but so many better bands are ignored.

Did anyone see the bit where they slagged off Space Dementia in the picture. Now i thought that was one of the best songs of the night. I would have rather stood there watch them play Space Dementia as an hour encore instead of the hits :p

Archived