Also he said the flame throwers at Leeds were so intense he had to jump back when they went off and they singed the hairs on his arms.

And he said they were all so cold at Leeds he thought they'd all played really badly.

Oh and also he said he thought a regular set would have been better at Leeds given that the audience wasn't moving much and didn't seem to be into it but "once we've said we're gonna do it we have to go through with it" or something like that. I said there would have been a riot if they hadn't :LOL:

Oh and also he said he thought a regular set would have been better at Leeds given that the audience wasn't moving much and didn't seem to be into it but "once we've said we're gonna do it we have to go through with it" or something like that. I said there would have been a riot if they hadn't :LOL:

Not sure where Chris was looking, but I was on his side and it sure felt like there was plenty of movement :LOL: I'd say the crowd was infinitely less mobile during the lattter section of the hits, apart from Stockholm and Knights. There were people near me not moving to TIRO :eek:

Speaking of which, TIRO at Reading was a pretty great performance.

So Chris said today that Screenager could make a reappearance on setlists after the success of their R/L performances. And he also said they were really happy with how Dark Shines turned out.

Typically the footie match I couldn't attend is one where fans got to talk to him/ask questions! :( But awesome news! :awesome:

Dark Shines was fucking magnificent.

:yesey: It was sheer brilliance. It still had the sucker-punch force of the album version but somehow with more of that Latin flavour - especially in the guitar solo. Screenager was just as amazing, imo. The guitar 'fills' (or whatever they're called) Matt included - along with the visuals - added to the atmosphere of the song... it was like a soundtrack to an eerie yet metropolitan wasteland (lol, if that makes sense!). While Hyper Music was lacking the ball of rage the original has (as expected), they made up for it by infusing a different kind of potent energy - especially by giving Chris the chorus! Top marks for those three rarities, imo.

I loved the entire OoS set - it was just dead on! Some people are still moaning that 'they played them just to shut us up and they didn't seem like they wanted to do it', but I think that's hugely ungrateful. Fans moaned about their setlists, so they gave us a brilliant one... and then they (ironically) continue to moan after they did what we asked for. Lolwut?! They can't seem to please some people :rolleyes:. Anyway, I really REALLY want a proper DVD of this. It would be really silly of them not to release one - at the very least, money-hungry Warner can be sure it would rake in a packet, so it's win-win for all, surely? :p

I loved the entire OoS set - it was just dead on! Some people are still moaning that 'they played them just to shut us up and they didn't seem like they wanted to do it', but I think that's hugely ungrateful.

Well I loved OoS as well. Up until the encores, these gigs were the best I've ever seen.

That said, I do think this was a "here you go, shut the fuck up" type of thing. Or maybe more like "here you go, enjoy this and then we'll go back to playing shit sets next tour". Obviously there has been a lot of moaning throughout the whole tour, so they probably felt like they had to do something big to make things right again. OoS was just good timing.

Bring back Screenager. It sounded great. As for the other OoS songs...they were okay imo. The chorus in Darkshines was beautiful. Had a different feel than it used to, and not in a bad way. While the other songs tried to mimic how they used to be, Darkshines became a new song. The verses in it were a little iffy. Kinda like Matt was trying to figure out how to sing it a half step down. I'm still mad they cut out a solo. But that chorus, man...it was delicious.

Well I loved OoS as well. Up until the encores, these gigs were the best I've ever seen.

That said, I do think this was a "here you go, shut the fuck up" type of thing. Or maybe more like "here you go, enjoy this and then we'll go back to playing shit sets next tour". Obviously there has been a lot of moaning throughout the whole tour, so they probably felt like they had to do something big to make things right again. OoS was just good timing.

I can see what you mean, but I'm personally not that bothered cos at least we got to hear these songs. It may have taken an epic amount of moaning and they only played some rare songs because of a special 'anniversary' one-off gig, but to me it's better than them ignoring fans' comments altogether and just continuing to play 'the hits'. They probably will go back to playing average sets from now on, but I'm more than satisfied with what we got at R&L.

And after what Chris said at the football match today, who knows - maybe this will spark an interest for them to play some more older stuff? Realistically, they won't do very much differently, but it's a start. (Hopefully Chris is a more reliable source than Matt and his nonsense ramblings :p).

Bring back Screenager. It sounded great. As for the other OoS songs...they were okay imo. The chorus in Darkshines was beautiful. Had a different feel than it used to, and not in a bad way. While the other songs tried to mimic how they used to be, Darkshines became a new song. The verses in it were a little iffy. Kinda like Matt was trying to figure out how to sing it a half step down. I'm still mad they cut out a solo. But that chorus, man...it was delicious.

The other OoS songs were far more than ok. You had to be there really to appreciate how amazing they were.

Muse could have walked on, played OoS, and left and I would have gone home ecstatic.

Frankly, I couldn't really give a crap about the second half in all honesty :LOL:. It was auto-pilot, Muse-by-numbers.

They could have just stopped after Stockholm! Few extra riffs and we'd have been golden.

I can see what you mean, but I'm personally not that bothered cos at least we got to hear these songs. It may have taken an epic amount of moaning and they only played some rare songs because of a special 'anniversary' one-off gig, but to me it's better than them ignoring fans' comments altogether and just continuing to play 'the hits'. They probably will go back to playing average sets from now on, but I'm more than satisfied with what we got at R&L.

And after what Chris said at the football match today, who knows - maybe this will spark an interest for them to play some more older stuff? Realistically, they won't do very much differently, but it's a start. (Hopefully Chris is a more reliable source than Matt and his nonsense ramblings :p).

He was talking to L about Showbiz as well but I couldn't really hear what he said.

Muse could have walked on, played OoS, and left and I would have gone home ecstatic.

Frankly, I couldn't really give a crap about the second half in all honesty :LOL:. It was auto-pilot, Muse-by-numbers.

They could have just stopped after Stockholm! Few extra riffs and we'd have been golden.

The first half was 'here you go, harcore moaners/musers!'

The second half was 'here you go, casual masses!'

:LOL:

But true, if they had played OoS only, it still would have been the best Muse gig EVER! :awesome:

Archived