He did.

Ah, the things we do to watch Muse piss away half a set.

Origin was probably worth it though.

I certainly consider it worth the cash that left the wallet plus it gave me a taste in case I might be tempted to go to next year's festival. Probably best start looking for wellies in advance... or at least more stable trainers.

Cheers dear, but this is almost as bad as a 'debate' with haze :LOL:

...how am I missing your point?

You assumed that I wouldn't see any other bands just because I didn't wanna be stuck on one stage all day, I explained that it wasn't the case.

Dunno if the argument is finished but i paid about £250 in all for my weekend. Seen a number of great bands and got about 5 or 6 rows from barrier for Muse by the end of Leeds, having started in the middle, and at Reading from the start - although i had to go back a bit and dive back in due to the domino effect :rolleyes:

Probably should have jumped in the crowd before Interpol to have gotten on tv properly and to keep a semi-fixed spot but i blame my mate for that, "My legs will be sore!!!" SHUT IT, WIMP! :LOL:

It looks like I'm arriving in the middle of an argument! Oh well, now I bothered quoting all of that, I will post anyway, sorry it's not relevant anymore.

I didn't think you looked scary! Just a little lost :p Glad you found your brother in the end though :)

You wouldn't say that if you'd heard what he said to me earlier this afternoon O_o

For some reason he called me a wuss, I told him I didn't ask to be evacuated after 3 songs because someone had crushed my toe, and do you know what he answered? "I got out because it was shit, don't ever drag me to a Muse concert again."

I'm related to a moron. That hurts.

Me hiding under my hoodie, arm over head, awaiting (or was this after??) the crowd-surfers during Enter Shikari!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

http://www.safeconcerts.com/photos/reading/2011/enter-shikari.asp?img=68830

Wooh thank you for the link! I would never have thought of looking for crowd photos. I can't see myself on any on them because my spot on the barrier was stolen during most of the line up before Muse, but it was nice to recognize some faces.

My experience was very similar to yours. My mind was so occupied by trying to stay alive that I don't recall them playing songs like Space Dementia or Citizen Erased at all... I guess the only way to be convinced that the barrier is stupidly overrated is to actually experience it.

No no no no no, I was at the barrier during other Muse concerts and these were the best moments in my whole life (indeed I don't have a very interesting life)... The barrier is far from being overrated, I should just have known better for such a big festival. Don't give up on the barrier, fellow Muser!

(By the way you're right, Frank Turner had a great stage presence! I felt guilty not to know their lyrics. Same goes for Elbow.)

I managed to get barrier for both Reading and Leeds. But it wasn't without effort. Waking up at stupid o clock in the morning, driving for two / three hours, queuing up for hours on end, running to the barrier and setting up base fighting off pushers in ;). In fact queuing up outside the arena was great. Was a chance to relax, catch up with friends and generally prepare yourself for the whole event.

For all the people who got barrier and stayed their all day, I felt your pain, but wasn't it worth it :D.

I'm getting sick of reading "worth it worth it worth it" everywhere on this thread, since I couldn't honestly tell you what happened during the first and only interesting part of the set >_< Anyway. I choose to take you at your word.

Just rewatching the broadcast and best moment is matt fucking up starlight and seeing dom laugh.

Haha, I remember thinking 'That serves you well for playing that after such a great set'! I think I heard Starlight way too much.

Playing the piano part behind the curtain was the most awesome thing in the broadcast.

I didn't know this wasn't made on purpose! That makes it even more epic :)

Plus the cost of flights and hotels. Still worth it.

BOOHOO. I'm going to bed.

It looks like I'm arriving in the middle of an argument! Oh well, now I bothered quoting all of that, I will post anyway, sorry it's not relevant anymore.

You wouldn't say that if you'd heard what he said to me earlier this afternoon O_o

For some reason he called me a wuss, I told him I didn't ask to be evacuated after 3 songs because someone had crushed my toe, and do you know what he answered? "I got out because it was shit, don't ever drag me to a Muse concert again."

Wooh thank you for the link! I would never have thought of looking for crowd photos. I can't see myself on any on them because my spot on the barrier was stolen during most of the line up before Muse, but it was nice to recognize some faces.

No no no no no, I was at the barrier during other Muse concerts and these were the best moments in my whole life (indeed I don't have a very interesting life)... The barrier is far from being overrated, I should just have known better for such a big festival. Don't give up on the barrier, fellow Muser!

(By the way you're right, Frank Turner had a great stage presence! I felt guilty not to know their lyrics. Same goes for Elbow.)

I'm getting sick of reading "worth it worth it worth it" everywhere on this thread, since I couldn't honestly tell you what happened during the first and only interesting part of the set >_< Anyway. I choose to take you at your word.

Haha, I remember thinking 'That serves you well for playing that after such a great set'! I think I heard Starlight way too much.

I didn't know this wasn't made on purpose! That makes it even more epic :)

BOOHOO. I'm going to bed.

I swear you write the longest posts ever known on this board :LOL:

Uh sorry, I guess I love writing. No, seriously, I'm just trying to gather everything I have to say in the same post, because I was traumatized by French boards where you get scolded if you write multiple posts... Needless to say I don't go there anymore.

I have to admit my first post was long though. I think I needed this^^

And you are not that talkative for someone who took Lyra Bellacqua's nickname :p

I was so close to attend this one gig... nonetheless a dream come true what else can I say.

I'm so proud of the boys... this was the gig of my dreams.

I don't think I'll ever see muse live ever again, that time has been marked and passed. There is no such thing as true happiness. :)

this truly delivers though, I just find it hard to realize how perfect this gig is...

It was 10 years ago around this time when I first heard Muse

Uh sorry, I guess I love writing. No, seriously, I'm just trying to gather everything I have to say in the same post, because I was traumatized by French boards where you get scolded if you write multiple posts... Needless to say I don't go there anymore.

I have to admit my first post was long though. I think I needed this^^

And you are not that talkative for someone who took Lyra Bellacqua's nickname :p

I'll have you know I am very talkative on this board :phu: Mainly in the Love Boats at the moment, though :p

Nothing wrong with writing long posts, btw. I'm sorry your Reading experience was so disappointing. I was just in front of the second barrier and we had an awesome time there. No crushing, no assholes, just a great atmosphere. I'd heard bad things about the Reading crowd so barrier wasn't an option for me.

I was so close to attend this one gig... nonetheless a dream come true what else can I say.

I'm so proud of the boys... this was the gig of my dreams.

I don't think I'll ever see muse live ever again, that time has been marked and passed. There is no such thing as true happiness. :)

this truly delivers though, I just find it hard to realize how perfect this gig is...

It was 10 years ago around this time when I first heard Muse

Where do you live? Why couldn't you go?

:eek: No way! You are far from a wuss... especially since you were there for longer than him :erm: And we can beef all we want about setlists and predictability, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could see a Muse performance as shit! Don't listen to him, he's just jealous that you got to be at the barrier for an awesome gig and he didn't :phu:

I didn't see a single spider during the whole weekend IN A FIELD at Reading... why the fuck do they all decide to attack my bedroom now? :'(

:eek: No way! You are far from a wuss... especially since you were there for longer than him :erm: And we can beef all we want about setlists and predictability, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could see a Muse performance as shit! Don't listen to him, he's just jealous that you got to be at the barrier for an awesome gig and he didn't :phu:

I didn't see a single spider during the whole weekend IN A FIELD at Reading... why the fuck do they all decide to attack my bedroom now? :'(

i love spideys :happy:

Wooo spiders! Are you as arachnophobic as Matthew is? I could rescue both of you, I don't mind them :) On the other hand I've been devoured by mosquitoes since I got home from the gig and I'm going to implode from the itching. Seriously, there must be a curse connecting Reading survivors to nasty insects.

It was second night in 2007...

Just seen this picture...Love the artwork in the background! :yesey:

muse-10.jpg

However...

I...I give up...I really do...:facepalm:

To be honest, it's reached the point now where I don't even think if they'd done it at their own show instead of a festival it would have been any different. We're outnumbered guys, let's face it...

The band have gained thousands of new fans off the back of the Twilight films. Seems like these fan haven't listened to their early stuff which is why they're so underwhelmed hearing it live. This is such a pity! For me, the early material is the best as it's got a rawness that's been lost in the newer albums. Don't get me wrong, I loved the last two albums but I look forward to hearing what they come up with next and maybe a return to something more in the vein of Showbiz :)

Wooo spiders! Are you as arachnophobic as Matthew is? I could rescue both of you, I don't mind them :) On the other hand I've been devoured by mosquitoes since I got home from the gig and I'm going to implode from the itching. Seriously, there must be a curse connecting Reading survivors to nasty insects.

Quite possibly... I decided to sleep downstairs last night :LOL: Please do! I had three hand sized spiders run across my floor in one night and they are the one thing I'm properly terrified of :$ I never get bitten by insects though, they don't seem to like me for some reason :happy:

Obviously you haven't met Bs

I got numerous pet frogs at Reading

Archived