• 3 weeks later...

As NME.com do they nick quotes from other sources.

Published in Kerrang (and hence reposted onto NME.com) are some quotes from Chris:

"The band] feel like we are drawing a line under a certain period of what we've done in our career. It feels like it's time to move on and do something radically different. But then you could get into the studio and go back to what you're comfortable with. You get in the studio and there's a natural process and you have to see where a song will take you."

Let's see where this leads, that's all I can say I suppose... although certainly ambient rebellious dubstep, Christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey and face-melting metal flamenco cowbody psychedelia are different stuff altogether. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And Matt co-wrote this movie theme tune:

Wow. WOW. Now that is fucking beautiful. While I wouldn't want it on a Muse album, this piece shows with absolute clarity just how talented and versatile Matt is as a composer. My guess is that he'll be doing many movie scores in the future. I'd even bet it will be a big part of his bread & butter in his older years. ;)

Apparently they considering doing jazz :stunned:

You know, if Muse wants to play jazz, or death metal, or reggae, punk, funk, salsa, hip hop, country, or surf, as a side project under a different name, I think that would be great. But PLEASE don't put it on a fucking MUSE album! :eek: