• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/84208/drug-confessions-whos-admitted-to-what-dealing-abuse-and-more

Muse have always been open about their dalliances with magic mushrooms. The band admit that most of the sessions for Origin of Symmetry were famously recorded when they were 'shroomed up. In a recent interview with Q Magazine, frontman Matt Bellamy said: "The magic mushrooms have made a bit of a comeback recently." In the same interview with Q, Matt described a recent 'trip' on a bouncy castle at a Las Vegas fancy dress party in which he merged into a Salvador Dali painting: "Dom had a dog mask on and he ran off into the desert and I ran after him. For a minute I was actually in a Salvador Dali painting. If you look at his painting 'The Elephants', I was the little person at the bottom of those elephants' legs."

meh, don't give that guy's video's any views, imo... It's nothing we haven't already heard, anyways.

Conspiracy theories are fine, having a bratty tantrum because a celeb doesn't support them anymore not so much. :noey:

"Several of Mark's YouTube videos have gone viral, earning him a mention on ABC's The View, Fox News' O'Reilly Factor, CNN, Drudge Report, Infowars, TMZ"

SEEMS LEGIT!

All old quotes. From a quick search on Musewiki:

"magic mushrooms...comeback" is from Nov. 2006 Q Mag:

http://www.musewiki.org/Q_2006-11_%E2%80%93_Best_Live_Act

You used to be quite a hedonist. Still burning the midnight oil?

MB: Well, the magic mushrooms have made a comeback recently. We had a day off in Las Vegas so we bought a bouncy castle and drove out to the desert with the girls from [youthful garage rock trio] The Like. We took a load of mushrooms, dressed the girls up in space costumes, and went nuts on this bouncy castle. It was brilliant. Any inter-band romance? [A devilish cackle] No, no, the girls are all lovely... but we're perfect gentlemen.

"Salvador Dali" part is from June 2008 Q:

http://www.musewiki.org/Q_2008-06_%E2%80%93_Q%26A_Muse

What was the last really daft thing you did?

We hired a bouncy castle in Las Vegas for a party and decided to dress up as aliens. Peoople definitely lost it there. That was the last time I did mushrooms, actually. Dom [Howard, drummer] had a dog mask on and he ran off into the desert, and I ran after him, and for a minute I was actually in a Salvador Dalí painting: if you look at his painting The Elephants I was the little person at the bottom of those elephant’s legs. I’m not really in favour of drugs, but setting aside one day a year for hallucinogenics definitely opens up new doorways.

BBC Radio 1 bosses talking about Muse : "Muse are approaching a crossroads - their last single was the first one not playlisted by Radio 1 in a decade. The door remains open to them but we'll have to think carefully about their next album."

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/72915

lol of course the 1st single from their new album is going to be played by Radio 1. come on now

BBC Radio 1 bosses talking about Muse : "Muse are approaching a crossroads - their last single was the first one not playlisted by Radio 1 in a decade. The door remains open to them but we'll have to think carefully about their next album."

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/72915

'

Sorry for the confusion...which single were they talking about...?? Follow Me? Panic Station? Madness? Couldn't get the article to come up for me, sorry! And what the heck does THAT mean..."we'll have to think carefully about their next album.."...?!?!? :eek::rolleyes:

'

Sorry for the confusion...which single were they talking about...?? Follow Me? Panic Station? Madness? Couldn't get the article to come up for me, sorry! And what the heck does THAT mean..."we'll have to think carefully about their next album.."...?!?!? :eek::rolleyes:

Supremacy?

The industry really has fallen a long way... How extraordinarily narrow minded. Like Muse really give a damn? At least, I hope they don't...

$$$$$$$$$$$

So all those bands/artists aren't good enough for Radio One but Miley Cyrus is :LOL::LOL: :LOL:

Well, isn't Radio 1 more mainstream friendly? If a song doesn't chart, I doubt they will play it more than a few times

$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, isn't Radio 1 more mainstream friendly? If a song doesn't chart, I doubt they will play it more than a few times

They're supposed to be all about new music and their target audience is 16-24, but they're playing the latest Fatboy Slim track and he's been around for ages. So, when they say Robbie Williams is too old for them, that doesn't quite add up, they should just be honest and say he's crap and that's why they aren't playing his stuff.

As to Muse, they played Madness but Panic Station was the last single and that didn't get played. Maybe they thought it wouldn't appeal to the 16-24 year olds, I don't know.

Maybe I'll get shit for saying this but not getting played on Radio 1 is an improvement in my eyes. Better to make music for music fans rather than trying to please people that only care about what the new chart songs are. I feel that from Black Holes onwards if not before you can tell they're writing some songs with the aim of making them radio/festival hits and their best songs don't really come from this (in my opinion, obviously).

As to Muse, they played Madness but Panic Station was the last single and that didn't get played. Maybe they thought it wouldn't appeal to the 16-24 year olds, I don't know.

I actually think Panic Station would be the ideal lead single,especially in Europe and I'm a little surprised with BBC's decision to make the song not played in Radio 1.

So all those bands/artists aren't good enough for Radio One but Miley Cyrus is :LOL::LOL: :LOL:

Miley's new stuff's pretty good pop music imo. Really though, it's not really about a band being 'good enough' for the station, it's just down to what they think will be popular with a young mainstream audience. Robbie and Noel Gallagher are knocking on in years now, so Radio 1 will consider them less relevant to their audience than someone like the Rizzle Kicks.