Why not?

Because the media might latch onto it and start reporting that Muse shows are unsafe because the band has to bribe officials to be able to perform etc... not to mention the possible investigations and stuff. I'm not sure if any of this will happen, but it's good to be careful

I would assume, in the first place, it would be best not to offer bribe money.

Well, that would be correct, too. :LOL:

I'm not terribly in the know about Italy, though. Everyone is making it sound like this is very common practice?

For all I know, it could have been instigated by the person who took the money, not the band, or vice versa.

I actually assumed he was kidding when I first read it, as it's a rather common exaggeration hereabouts; "man, I had to really bribe them for this" and all, when we just mean, you know, we had to ask more than once. :chuckle:

Well, that would be correct, too. :LOL:

I'm not terribly in the know about Italy, though. Everyone is making it sound like this is very common practice?

For all I know, it could have been instigated by the person who took the money, not the band, or vice versa.

Well not really very common practice for bands who tour here, I think :LOL: but yes, it's not really an unknown thing.

Defending the band much, eh? :p

Well not really very common practice for bands who tour here, I think :LOL: but yes, it's not really an unknown thing.

Defending the band much, eh? :p

"Vice versa" means it could have been the other way, too.

I just didn't feel like typing them both out.

More like, bribery seemed like it was a pretty poorly kept secret.

It also sounded nicer than "as an American, when I hear Italian, all I think about is mobsters." :phu:

Edited by SerpentSatellite

The italian promoter denied that any kind of bribe happened (what's the point in denying it if the band's frontman said it happened... :LOL:), but seems like the police started investigations

:D Did you read the comments of the other guy, not from Vivo, Carlo something; he sounded just like a mobster himself "singers should only sing and shut up"!:LOL:

The italian promoter denied that any kind of bribe happened (what's the point in denying it if the band's frontman said it happened... :LOL:), but seems like the police started investigations

Matt really, really needs to start thinking before he speaks

The old "Muse playing Newton Abbot racecourse" rumour has resurfaced in this week's Mid-Devon Advertiser....

" Racecourse managing director says he has not been contacted about a gig although 'he could make it happen' if someone did."

To me, it seems like nothing more than something to fill the page 'cause the article also includes the mention from last year about them taking over the Council for a day...

• 4 weeks later...

Muse's performance of Origin of Symmetry at the Reading Festival is briefly mentioned in this article about Green Day and their performance of Dookie.

"When Muse pulled a similar trick two years ago with 'Origins Of Symmetry', it felt like a strung-out exercise in self indulgence, only salvaged by an anthem packed second half of greatest hits. But Green Day somehow seem to pull it off. 'Basket Case' 'When I Come Around' and 'St Jimmy' go down a treat especially when Billie Joe pulls out his box of toys on the latter."

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/first-impressions-green-day-the-prodigal-king-of-punk-pop-makes-his-reading-return#Bzgcuk8eAtL8Qawy.99

Muse's performance of Origin of Symmetry at the Reading Festival is briefly mentioned in this article about Green Day and their performance of Dookie.

"When Muse pulled a similar trick two years ago with 'Origins Of Symmetry', it felt like a strung-out exercise in self indulgence, only salvaged by an anthem packed second half of greatest hits. But Green Day somehow seem to pull it off. 'Basket Case' 'When I Come Around' and 'St Jimmy' go down a treat especially when Billie Joe pulls out his box of toys on the latter."

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/first-impressions-green-day-the-prodigal-king-of-punk-pop-makes-his-reading-return#Bzgcuk8eAtL8Qawy.99

OMG! That's so funny. NME are trolling :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...