http://www.nme.com/news/muse/58857

Muse compile festival playlist ahead of Reading and Leeds headline sets

Dom Howard of Muse has compiled a Top 10 of his favourite festival anthems ahead of his own band’s appearance at this weekend’s Reading and Leeds Festivals.

The list is topped by Weezer’s ‘My Name Is Jonas’, and also includes fellow Reading and Leeds Festivals headliners The Strokes.

The Top 10 has been complied in support of the charity ActionAid’s 10th year of work at Reading, and for the Bollocks to Poverty campaign, which is the youth arm of anti-poverty charity.

Anella Wickenden, ActionAid’s youth manager, says of the playlist: “It’s fantastic to get the support of such a great band with such a loyal following. Muse’s playlist is perfect for every festival-goer.”

Muse’s festival playlist is:

‘My Name is Jonas’ - Weezer

‘Closer’ - Nine Inch Nails

‘Riot Rhythm’ – Sleigh Bells

‘Howlin' For You’ - The Black Keys

‘L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N’ - Noah and The Whale

‘Back in Black’ - AC/DC

‘Make Some Noise’ - Beastie Boys

‘New Low’ - Middle Class Rut

‘Taken for a Fool’ - The Strokes

‘I Can Change’ - LCD Soundsystem

Very nice. :yesey:

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/58871

Muse01FriLeedsAWH260811.jpg

Muse performed a spectacular set at Leeds Festival tonight (August 26) as they played their 2001 album 'Origin Of Symmetry' in full.

The band, who were making their third appearance at Bramham Park, celebrated the album's 10th anniversary by erecting giant forks statues from the album's artwork onstage for their headline slot.

The trio appeared behind a giant curtain as silhouettes before kicking off the show with 'Newborn' against a huge screen featuring giant flying saucers. As they played out the rest of the album the band launched giant bouncing balloons emblazoned with eyeballs across the crowd as well as shooting fire and green lasers from the Main Stage.

Introducing 'Citizen Erased', drummer Dominic Howard told the crowd:

We are celebrating 10 years of 'Origin Of Symmetry' so we fancied playing the whole fucking thing. We've never done that before.

As promised by Howard to NME recently, the second half of the show saw the band play hits from their last three albums 'The Resistance', 'Blackholes And Revelations' and 'Absolution'.

Crowd reaction to the set was positive but some fans thought the first half was overlong.

Abi Brown, 17, said: "I thought they were really good but it was getting a bit much by the end of 'Origin Of Symmetry'. After that it got a lot more exciting." Matthew Burgon, 22, had a similar view, saying: "I thought they were pretty amazing and theyre better live than on record. It was good to hear 'Origin Of Symmetry' live because you could hear differences in the sound of the songs. I thought there was a bit more to the second hour than the first though.

Carl Harper, 22, said he was delighted to see the band celebrate the album's 10th anniversary. "I thought it was really refreshing to hear 'Origin Of Symmetry' because that is one of my favourite albums," he said. "You always hear a lot of their new stuff now so it was nice that they did the old stuff."

The band are set to headline Reading Festival on Sunday.

Muse played:

'New Born'

'Bliss'

'Space Dementia'

'Hyper Music'

'Plug In Baby'

'Citizen Erased'

'Micro Cuts'

'Screenager'

'Darkshines'

'Feeling Good'

'Megalomania'

'Uprising'

'Supermassive Black Hole'

'Hysteria'

'Time Is Running Out'

'Helsinki Jam'

'Undisclosed Desires'

'Resistance'

'Starlight'

'Stockholm Syndrome'

'Knights Of Cydonia'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://musically.com/blog/2011/10/07/happy-birthday-warnerchappell-music/

Just don’t expect us to find a cake big enough to take the correct number of candles. Publisher Warner/Chappell Music is celebrating its 200th birthday with a range of products, including a website offering a full history of the company, videos and archive photos. On the physical side, 10 graphic designers have been commissioned to make artworks out of famous lyrics from the Warner/Chappell catalogue, which are being exhibited at the StolenSpace gallery in London before being sold to benefit charity Save the Children. A limited-edition songbook has also been produced, including content from George Michael, Dido, Gamble & Huff, Burt Bacharach, Brian Higgins and Muse’s Matt Bellamy. “Extraordinary songwriters have been, and will always be, at the centre of everything we do; which is why we’ve marked this remarkable occasion by focusing on songs and their composers,” says UK MD Richard Manners.