Wow. I think even the same people from the ultimate guitar article who were about to kill Muse for the fake dubstep comment were giving respects to Chris and the problem.

But then trolling is SO funneh these days xD

FUCK! That article pissed me off so much.

I don't know why I bother reading the UG news page, it's full of false quotes and misleading titles. :mad:

FUCK! That article pissed me off so much.

I don't know why I bother reading the UG news page, it's full of false quotes and misleading titles. :mad:

I just read them for the reactions at this point :LOL:

I even made an account that I only use to argue with stupid people on the article comments, cause I'm pathetic like that.

It's because the most vocal NME readers feel the best way to show how much they think they like their music is by insulting what other people like, and they're the same people who won't be able to justify what they enjoy or why someone else shouldn't enjoy something, they'll just make "witty" comments about it.

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/65226

"The cover is a photograph of the human brain and is taken from The Human Connectome Project. It is an image which navigates the brain's pathways, tracking the circuits in our heads and shows how we process information with bright, neon colors."

"a photograph of the human brain"

Thanks NME. I supposed the cover of Showbiz was a photograph of a woman walking on the surface of the sun?

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/65226

"The cover is a photograph of the human brain and is taken from The Human Connectome Project. It is an image which navigates the brain's pathways, tracking the circuits in our heads and shows how we process information with bright, neon colors."

"a photograph of the human brain"

Thanks NME. I supposed the cover of Showbiz was a photograph of a woman walking on the surface of the sun?

Just like the photo taken of the posts on the OoS artwork. Fantastic camera tricks there :rolleyes:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/08/dtla_downtown_angeles_chase_pursuit_drugs.php

A wild car chase downtown had a suspect throwing drugs and money out his window, and some of the "evidence" was gone by the time cops tried to retrieve it, police said. Not only that, but the pursuit ended near a video shoot for the band Muse, according to one report.

It started near 6th and San Pedro streets around 4:25 p.m. yesterday when a bicycle cop tried to stop a Land Rover Discovery and the suspect behind the wheel tried to run the law enforcer down, according to LAPD Officer Karen Rayner and television reports. And then the suspect allegedly drove north and then west -- the wrong way -- down Fourth Street as a motorcycle cop gave chase, police said. That's when the alleged bad guy crashed into a two vehicles in front of a crowd at Main Street, according to police and reports.

Why was there a crowd there? Muse happened to be shooting stills and a music video nearby when all the sirens came screaming through, according to CBS Los Angeles .

But wait, there's more:

On the way to Fourth and Main, the driver allegedly tossed drugs and money out of the SUV. Since the chase was in the Greater Skid Row area, it appears that area residents were quick to help police clean up the crime scene, according to what Rayner told CBS L.A.

Footage depicted cops checking under a manhole for the evidence. CBS L.A. says the bulk of the loot ended up around San Pedro and Fifth streets. But Rayner told the station the drugs and cash was gone by the time cops backtracked to retrieve it:

Unfortunately the people in the streets in that particular area got to it before we did.

Meanwhile, one person in one of the cars hit by the suspect's vehicle complained of pain but was not hospitalized, police said.

On the way to Fourth and Main, the driver allegedly tossed drugs and money out of the SUV. Since the chase was in the Greater Skid Row area, it appears that area residents were quick to help police clean up the crime scene, according to what Rayner told CBS L.A.

:LOL:

I just read them for the reactions at this point :LOL:

I even made an account that I only use to argue with stupid people on the article comments, cause I'm pathetic like that.

I thought I saw you on UG. :pope:

UG is probably my primary forum while here would be my secondary. I go here and hear good things about muse, and I go to UG and hear shite :mad:

20 best Muse songs

i like the list even though Recess did not make a cut

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=147&p=12557&title=20_best_muse_songs_as_voted_by_you&more=1&c=1

Not bad at all. Got kind of meh towards the top though. Also got a higher res pic of Matt with all his rack gear than the one I had.

Edited by Kueller917

Im pretty sure the description of map of the problematique was wrong too. I thought it was just a 'struggling relationship song'. Didn't he change the lyrics to 'since I lost you' one show when he broke up with his gf? Or maybe I've been reading into it wrong

It's actually an (exaggeratedly) accurate description of what influenced the title of the song.

However, the lyrics only minorly support that description, and the more personal theme of relationship troubles and loneliness seem really obvious.

I've always harbored this secret theory that quite a lot of the songs that seems really simple actually have double meanings, usually something very personal and often more normal or basic, and then something dealing with a political or scientific book Matt read, and sort of weaves the two together. This completely explains why Matt's explainations of the songs seem bat shit crazy. :LOL:

So, this song becomes about how the world is falling apart, and everything is being "swept away" from him, including his relationship, but he's going to fight to keep the relationship amidst the chaos.

It also means HM could easily be about getting dumped and being sour grapesy about it, AND disillusionment with religion.

Then again, I've spend most of today throwing up into a bucket... so disregard me if I sound like a twat. Actually, do that everyday, anyways...

I've always harbored this secret theory that quite a lot of the songs that seems really simple actually have double meanings, usually something very personal and often more normal or basic, and then something dealing with a political or scientific book Matt read, and sort of weaves the two together. This completely explains why Matt's explainations of the songs seem bat shit crazy. :LOL:
Yep, that's what I think too. That he uses Space or whatever to sometimes express something that in the end is very personal and deals with relationships and how people interact.

You can do that with every song but for example, Exogenesis. The lyrics seem pretty obvious and straightforward and they've said many times what the theme of the song is. And yet, if you read them as if he's singing about a relationship that is disentegrating, it also works surprisingly well.

Matt has said it himself a couple of times, that these 'big' themes sometimes are just metaphors.

So yeah, I've not been throwing up into a bucket lately but i agree with you :LOL: