It's only because someone didn't want that variant to win. Admins could have deleted the points from those accounts, but not the whole entry! Where're the guarantees that others don't have these "multiple accounts". Everybody's been so cold to Moscow variant, but have the other entries been checked too?

None of the other entries have raised any red flags. We're looking into other entries as well though just to be sure.

Red Square was just a bit more obvious at the moment as it had a huge spike in votes.

That's the answer! "A bit more obvious" isn't enough for throwing them off the board! I can understand if there had been hundreds and hundreds of points between the variants, but there were only 30-40. I simply don't understand you, guys!

That's the answer! "A bit more obvious" isn't enough for throwing them off the board! I can understand if there had been hundreds and hundreds of points between the variants, but there were only 30-40. I simply don't understand you, guys!

For fucks sake, they have PROOF that you guys cheated. You even admitted that you cheated. Why are you even arguing?

We know for a fact that the person who made the entry has several accounts.

The person who entered Red Square had a number of accounts on this forum. This is against our rules so their entry was deleted.

We also have evidence that there was a big effort to boost Red Square to the top by creating many more duplicate accounts to try and win. This is cheating.

I'm sorry it's ruined it for you and the hundreds of genuine Russian Musers who wanted Red Square to win but I'm afraid we can't let the competition be compromised by cheaters.

:).

No, the multiple accounts from the same user is the reason for throwing them off the board. The spike in votes is what made us look into it. Now we're thoroughly checking all the top contenders as we speak.

Hi:)

So you decided to delete the "Red square" entry - well... who am I to contradict? Just a random russian muser who doesn't post on .mu boards. But I want all of you to know: there's quite a large musers-community in Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia and other so-called post-USSR countries. And there was a huge effort put in getting "Red Square" leading. The voting link was posted on official Russian fan-forum (I did it myself), in numerous Muse-communities in Russian social network vk.com (here's a link to the biggest one: http://vk.com/notka_muse) and there was quite a campaign on twitter. Maybe some of us got carried away and cheated. But I'm pretty sure that MOST of the votes were received in a fair way - we asked our friends (even non-musers) to help us, our parents and even friends of our parents. For most of us it wasn't about winning L&R tickets - MOST of musers who voted didn't even know the person who submitted the entry personally. It was about feeling united, having fun and other emotional stuff, you know? So yeah, we are frustrated and sad now - especially since mods could've just take the points gotten from multiple accounts away and let "Red Square" be.

Btw no insult intended by this post - I just wanted to let everything out and try to explain ourselves to those who seriously believe that only an active .mu member could win.

p.s.: voting closes on midnight sunday? oookay...

You cheated.

Why would cheating make you feel united? You asked loads of people to vote for someone they don't know just so they can win tickets for Reading & Leeds. :noey:

Even if some votes were fair, someone (or more) has gone out there to ruin it for the rest.

Nothing you can do now.

You cheated.

Why would cheating make you feel united? You asked loads of people to vote for someone they don't know just so they can win tickets for Reading & Leeds. :noey:

Even if some votes were fair, someone (or more) has gone out there to ruin it for the rest.

Nothing you can do now.

Asking people they don't know to vote isn't cheating. Making multiple accounts is.

The member who submitted the Red Square entry had multiple accounts.

You cheated.

Nothing you can do now.

:chuckle:

You cheated.

Nothing you can do now.

That isn't cheating Jack. How do you think elections are won?

The cheating is done when one person is using more than one account from which to cast votes.

You cheated.

Nothing you can do now.

I did not cheat. Neither did MOST of those who voted for "Red Square". Did you even read my post?

It wasn't "some" fair votes - it was the majority. That's why deleting the entry altogether was a bit too much in my opinion - if mods only deleted votes from double accounts no one would object.

The entry was disqualified because of cheating.

Yes. but they vote from a new profile for "Play a symphonic set at the Royal Opera House. Would be a good opportunity to finally premiere Exogenesis in full." that it will be also removed the "for cheating". This is their "revenge" (It's hard to explain it in English.:(

Yes. but they vote from a new profile for "Play a symphonic set at the Royal Opera House. Would be a good opportunity to finally premiere Exogenesis in full." that it will be also removed the "for cheating". This is their "revenge" (It's hard to explain it in English.:(

The entry was removed because the person who MADE it had multiple accounts.

The only thing that will happen to your entry is that you will lose the vote that they gave you.

Archived