Say Something Negative about Absolution

Jimmyneutron

Absolution is my favourite album (OoS is close behind though) but I think the order of the songs isn't good - at least for me...For example after Hysteria I'd like to hear something heavier (like Stockholm Syndrome of Butterflies and Hurricanes), and Blackout, even though it's epic and great, is just too slow to go after the end of Hysteria...So my order : Apocalypse Please, TIRO then Hysteria, Stockholm (has a good end for starting slow songs section), Sing for Absolution, Blackout, Falling away, (Ethernally Missed), Butterflies and Hurricanes, Thoughts, Small Print, Fury and Endlessly (those two are linked very good), Ruled by Secrecy...Or finish with Falling away..

It's the best album ever for me anyway, but this would be even more epic...And Thoughs of a dying Atheist is a f*ing epic song...I'd play it more...And Butterflies and Hur. is just the best song ever for me...I'm so sad that they don't play it on every gig these days

I never got all the bullshit about OoS. It has the best track order of any Muse album, and aside from 2 mistakes, it's perfect. People who call it "samey" have clearly never gotten the idea of an album.

Oh right, Absolution. The order is shit, some songs should fuck off and some should be added.

I like TOADA, but if Fury replaced it on the album, you wouldn't hear any complaining from me. While I'd love a song like TOADA today, it fails to stand out amidst the other awesome guitar tracks on Absolution. Make TOADA a B-side and throw in Fury and you make a stellar album somehow even better.

Was that not negative enough? Uh...according to Tom Kirk, we probably won't see an anniversary show for Absolution like with OoS because OoS was the "breakthrough fan favorite" (I assume this is just a fat dumb excuse to still never play FAWY live).

Was that not negative enough? Uh...according to Tom Kirk, we probably won't see an anniversary show for Absolution like with OoS because OoS was the "breakthrough fan favorite" (I assume this is just a fat dumb excuse to still never play FAWY live).

I think Tom is being honest, it wouldn't make sense to do an Abso anniversary show since it wasn't as important of an album in terms of the band becoming known and they'll probably be in the middle of touring Album 6 in 2013

I think Tom is being honest, it wouldn't make sense to do an Abso anniversary show since it wasn't as important of an album in terms of the band becoming known and they'll probably be in the middle of touring Album 6 in 2013

Plus, if they make a habit out of playing albums in full like this, it won't be as special (though I certainly wouldn't protest it)

Once every third year or so seems special enough to me :p

I'm sorry, I know you'd love to see The Resistance in full. Maybe they'd even play Neutron Star Collision... so depressing that it probably won't happen.

But if they do do that again, I'd probably have to miss it again and I'd be all depressed again :( So I hope they don't :chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

At all. For the 47584773487th time, being a fan does not mean being deaf. Anyway, it's not they care about criticism, be it constructive or not... I really like it too, but I do sense there's an overall lack of flow (especially in the last tracks) and Fury should have been there.

Archived