Say Something Negative about Absolution

Jimmyneutron

I dont know what is bad about Absolution, except Fury should be on it. SS, B&H, Hysteria, Ruled by Secrecy, TIRO, are my favorite songs of all time. Endlessly probably the most beautiful love song by Muse. SFA piano, Blackout and FAWY lyrics, TOADA riff are beautiful. Apocalyse Please is absolutely great, even Interlude sounds like emphasize the nature of the album. :stunned:

Endlessly is easily the most boring song on the album. Don't see how The Small Print or TOADA get so much hate. I like them both

To me, TOADA is more than boring, it annoys me to be honest. The yeahyeah part, as mentioned several times in this thread.

Absolution is easily my most favourite album, and it got my most favourite song: Stockholm Syndrome. However, the quality of the mastering of the song (especially SS out of the album) sounds bad to me, and I hope they could've worked it out better. :erm:

The song order could use some work, and the heavier tracks are a bit squished. Maybe that's nitpicking slightly, but I don't think there's anything overly bad the album, just small things.

Live, I think SFA was the beginning of Matt cheating on the vocals, now he does it regularly. Also, his vocals in SS have always sounded strained to me.

Screw all ToaDA haters. :phu:

But, to be honest, I don't like the order of songs on album at all. It's just goes "fast song-slow song-fast-slow" etc. That ruins the flow a bit.

Oh, and Fury should definitely be on Abso.

Screw all ToaDA haters. :phu:

But, to be honest, I don't like the order of songs on album at all. It's just goes "fast song-slow song-fast-slow" etc. That ruins the flow a bit.

I've commented on this before, but like I said: If it was split into fast-fast-fast-slow-slow-slow it would get criticism à la Origin.

Agree with you on TOADA :)

Oh, and I forgot about Blackout. It's SO boring. Guiding Light is better.*

*I said that just because it pisses off the mainstreamers which there are tons of here.

I've commented on this before, but like I said: If it was split into fast-fast-fast-slow-slow-slow it would get criticism à la Origin.

Agree with you on TOADA :)

Oh, and I forgot about Blackout. It's SO boring. Guiding Light is better.*

*I said that just because it pisses off the mainstreamers which there are tons of here.

So if you hate Guiding Light you're a mainstreamer? I don't even know what you mean by that :erm:

Now that it's negative, here it goes:

-The flow of the album is horrible

-Thoughts of a Dying Atheist is almost painful to listen to

-Endlessly is boring

-Apocalypse Please is also boring (ooh, controversial?)

-The album version of Stockholm Syndrome does not do it justice at all

-Fury should have been on it

-It's not really as weird/different as Origin of Symmetry

That was fun.

Disagree

Disagree

Disagree

Disagree

Agree

Agree

Agree but if every album is the same then it's boring, Thats why I like muse they always try something new.

Disagree

Agree but if every album is the same then it's boring, Thats why I like muse they always try something new.

Yes, but what I like about Muse is their weirdness in their music. That's why my favorite songs are City of Delusion, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Showbiz, etc. And all three of those songs are very different, so Muse could definitely write odd songs that aren't all the same. And I also like UD and IBTY, which are both very different from anything they've done before, and have that oddness factor in it. Absolution just seems too normal to me for the most part.

Oh, a bit more difficult seeing as it's my favourite Muse album. Well I guess the order of songs never works out too well for Muse albums. There were a few problems. Also, I always have some special place for TOADA mainly since it was my first Muse song.

If anything, I'd say the production doesn't nearly do any of the songs justice. They all work amazing live (although I do prefer the chest voice scream in Sing for Absolution than the live falsetto he does most of the time).

Flows crap.

shudda been:

1. Apocalypse Please (intro is part of it)

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. Time Is Running Out

4. Butterflies & Hurricanes

5. Falling Away With You + Interlude

6. Hysteria

7. Blackout

8. Sing For Absolution

9. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

10. Fury

11. The Small Print

12. Ruled By Secrecy

That's how I have it and it's sound much better, also note the sneaky swapping of Endlessly for Fury because Endlessly sucks :awesome:

Flows crap.

shudda been:

1. Apocalypse Please (intro is part of it)

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. Time Is Running Out

4. Butterflies & Hurricanes

5. Falling Away With You + Interlude

6. Hysteria

7. Blackout

8. Sing For Absolution

9. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

10. Fury

11. The Small Print

12. Ruled By Secrecy

That's how I have it and it's sound much better, also note the sneaky swapping of Endlessly for Fury because Endlessly sucks :awesome:

Interlude should be split in half, part of it at the end of Falling Away With You and part of it at the start of Hysteria. Also Endlessly is vastly superior to Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

So...negative things, eh?

-Intro and Apocalypse Please should have been one song

-TSP, Endlessly, and TOADA are all kinda filler-ish, and they aren't that great songs anyway (although I do enjoy playing TSP and TOADA with my guitar)

-Some songs sound much better live

-TOADA into RBS is horrible

-B&H single version should have been on the album, I don't like the album version that much

-Fury should have been on the album

- I'm not too keen on having Interlude as a separate song

Archived