Say Something Negative about Absolution

Jimmyneutron

It was my favorite Muse album for a long time, like a month after I found out about them in early 2010. Now that I've been listening to OoS more, I like that more than Absolution.

I guess the track listing is bad, like everybody says. I don't like TOADA that much. There's nothing else to say really.

Now that it's negative, here it goes:

-The flow of the album is horrible

I've seen that stated here a few times and I'm shocked. I think Absolution has the best flow to date.

It's done exactly right, with fast song/slow song/fast song etc. The weird thing is I see people complain about this, but also about Origin of Symmetry getting slow against the end. :rolleyes:

The transitions are brilliant. SfA in-between TIRO and SS, FAWY going into Interlude, going into Hysteria... eargasm. Then there's the ever so soothing Blackout, followed by a mix, pace-wise, with B&H. I don't have much to say about the next few songs, other than that RBS is the obvious album closer. I'll say it again, Absolution has the best flow of any Muse album.

---

But okay, since this originally is about something else: The Small Print is a little bit boring. It feels like a filler to me.

Fury should have been on it instead of TOADA. I always skip that one. SS into falling away is probebly one of the worst song changes Muse have done. The single version of B&F is way better than the album version, it should have been on there instead.

Wow, that was painful to type :'(

This + Intro and AP should be one song.

And also, Interlude doesn't really do anything for me.

TOADA to me, has always had the quality of being a fantastic potential b-side, but a weak album track. Replace it with Fury, and it's an even better album. I've done this on iTunes, and it really does make the last quarter of Absolution really mean something.

Archived