Chris on Radio 1 from 7pm tonight (9th August 2011)

interpolpirate

One and the same to me, even if it were, say, only tiny changes like moving the piano songs to follow Citizen.

I want to see Origin as it is. That's what they've billed and what they're working around as a concept (i.e. artwork stage production, etc). It would be such a shame to break that aesthetic :(.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it would definitely feel like more of an event, even if it does make the flow or whatever a bit wobbly. I've never been too fussed about that anyway.

...yes it is :erm:.

What the heck is the point of doing a massive OoS themed production and then breaking the album up? That would be stupid!

No is not.

We've been asking them to stop being predictable and yet we want them to play the album exactly how it is. Where is the surprise element? Yes, we know they are going to play OOS in full anyway but you can still wonder what song is going to come next. And of course there is the fact that once Microcuts ends the album becomes too slow, it may work if you are listening to in on your own but for a live performance...

No is not.

We've been asking them to stop being predictable and yet we want them to play the album exactly how it is. Where is the surprise element? Yes, we know they are going to play OOS in full anyway but you can still wonder what song is going to come next. And of course there is the fact that once Microcuts ends the album becomes too slow, it may work if you are listening to in on your own but for a live performance...

But you still know the songs are coming anyway.. Even if they switch songs it's no surprise when they actually play the song..

OMG Micro cuts. DID NOT EXPECT THIS.

No is not.

They won't finish on micro cuts, whole album is well under an hour long, add in the encores too :)

The encore(s) will still be fairly unpredictable as there has been no indication on what they're doing after OoS. All we have to go on is the likelyhood of Dead Star, and maybe a "surprise", and then the dull-as-fuck greatest hits.

And Knights closing :awesome:

They won't finish on micro cuts, whole album is well under an hour long, add in the encores too :)

I know they are not going to finish with Micro Cuts, I'm saying that after that, Screenager + Darkshines + Feeling Good + Megalomania will be an very slow section for a live performance.

I know they are not going to finish with Micro Cuts, I'm saying that after that, Screenager + Darkshines + Feeling Good + Megalomania will be an very slow section for a live performance.

So it will match the section of UD-Resistance-Starlight then, except with better songs.

Yeah, for me it needs to mimic the album exactly.

Piano Screenager into guitar Darkshines and back to piano for Feeling Good would be fine too but the flow of the gig would be better to have guitar from Hyper Music through Darkshines before finishing on the piano :yesey:.

It's all a bit mixed up anyway, Matt has to change instruments between every song until Screenager if it's played on piano.

The encore(s) will still be fairly unpredictable as there has been no indication on what they're doing after OoS. All we have to go on is the likelyhood of Dead Star, and maybe a "surprise", and then the dull-as-fuck greatest hits.

I really hope OoS & any rarities are performed last. What a fucking anticlimax it would be to have something like:

OoS, Yes Please, Showbiz, and then just a few singles, or the most common parts of the set that they've been playing for the whole tour. :facepalm:

On that note, I think some earplugs are in order. "La la la la, nice memories, nice memories!"

Great news everyone.

I hope they play Screenager on the piano also. Sounds much better. I also hope they will mix it up (the set list) just a slight bit. Not having Hyper Music and Plug In Baby right after one another, for instance

Archived