Why are some songs omitted?

JimboMansonMB-1

I've wondered for a long time why Plug In Baby...being Muse's most infamous song arguably isn't on one live CD (unless you count the New Born single...which is an amazing version)

Also the Hullabaloo live CD...the only singles that are featured on it from Showbiz and OoS is Muscle Museum. Uno, Cave, Sunburn, Unintended, Plug In Baby, New Born, Bliss (though I can understand that one), Hyper Music and Feeling Good are all left for the DVD

I've wondered for a long time why Plug In Baby...being Muse's most infamous song arguably isn't on one live CD (unless you count the New Born single...which is an amazing version)

Also the Hullabaloo live CD...the only singles that are featured on it from Showbiz and OoS is Muscle Museum. Uno, Cave, Sunburn, Unintended, Plug In Baby, New Born, Bliss (though I can understand that one), Hyper Music and Feeling Good are all left for the DVD

Maybe they were more interested in showing that they weren't a greatest hits band.

We're talking about the same Muse here, right Sippe? :chuckle:

Because the CDs doesn't have as much room as the DVDs.

Therefore they have to cut down on the amount of songs.

Yeah, but still doesn't explain why, on the HAARP example, things like Citizen Erased, Sunburn, Micro Cuts, City Of Delusion, Bliss, Sing For Absolution, etc, weren't at least put on the DVD, even as bonus features.

Yeah, but still doesn't explain why, on the HAARP example, things like Citizen Erased, Sunburn, Micro Cuts, City Of Delusion, Bliss, Sing For Absolution, etc, weren't at least put on the DVD, even as bonus features.

Notice that I said "were" ;)

Well, that wasn't the question :phu:

Maybe they weren't satisfied with the performances/weren't recorded well enough. Maybe there wasn't enough space on the DVD as Sippe said

Bliss should've been on HAARP imo

Notice that I said "were" ;)

Well, that wasn't the question :phu:

Haha, yeah, I know I was joking! ;)

And Sideways-M, I remember hearing that they couldn't use Bliss because the balloons made the cameras all go out of focus, which is hard to believe at that level, but theoretically possible if they were on auto focus. Shame about the others though. I don't buy the 'not-enough-space' theory though. I'd much rather not have had the Making Of, and had an extra 5 songs! :p

Also, they released Micro Cuts on the CD, and City of Delusion as an mp3, and a short loop of Sing for Absolution on the gallery slideshow, so I don't think the "not satisfied with the performances" one can really be applied for the most part either...

Maybe just having them all as CD bonus tracks would have been pretty awesome, or a bonus disc. I thought the main tracklist on the HAARP CD was a pretty fair representation of the last two albums to be fair though, like Hullabaloo was for the first two, so I can understand that. Just a shame not to have them somewhere.

Haha, yeah, I know I was joking! ;)

And Sideways-M, I remember hearing that they couldn't use Bliss because the balloons made the cameras all go out of focus, which is hard to believe at that level, but theoretically possible if they were on auto focus. Shame about the others though. I don't buy the 'not-enough-space' theory though. I'd much rather not have had the Making Of, and had an extra 5 songs! :p

Also, they released Micro Cuts on the CD, and City of Delusion as an mp3, and a short loop of Sing for Absolution on the gallery slideshow, so I don't think the "not satisfied with the performances" one can really be applied for the most part either...

I don't think them being satisfied with the recordings/performances is a genuine reason really, they were fine

Especially when they included the dud note in the Invincible intro on the CD! :rolleyes:

I freaking LOVE that dud note!!! It sounds ghostly, just like the entire intro! I also love when the kaoss solo begins in the CD version of SMBH. To me, that is the last time the Kaoss solo was even good. Now it's just boring and gimmicky to me... it seemed more interesting back then.

I think the songs that weren't on the DVD should have at least been on the CD or given as downloadable content.

Archived