T-shirt competition finalists revealed

KirkBot

some of these designs are pretty cool and some are meh..

heres a couple of my efforts, i did front and back versions of various types..

1 - OoS Anniverary MUSE Brit

http://twitpic.com/5zhix8

361935116.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312229915&Signature=eGFPO6Qh58pVyaYvuMqHwmF3lBQ%3D

2 - OoS Anniversary Muse DNA-fied

http://twitpic.com/5zhj3c

361935336.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312230149&Signature=SHFgpSXFNFFWe13a8UVgwgLhRU0%3D

Gave it a shot.. at least now i know how to use photoshop and paint apps

I like the first one! Deffo should have been in the running!

that's beautiful! :)

who chose the shortlist i wonder? i didn't make it on there either, but here's the tee i made for you...for myself i'll be making a drink now

bluezv.jpg

orangenj.jpg

I have to say, that's fucking amazing. I love all the references :happy:

thanks shinybee.. i wasnt too sure about the font for the Text at the bottom.. thought overall it looked and fitted the criteria..

It's got a very British/mod look about it and I like the contrast of the Union Jack with the orange background. If it was on the merchandise stand, I'd be very tempted to get it!

It's got a very British/mod look about it and I like the contrast of the Union Jack with the orange background. If it was on the merchandise stand, I'd be very tempted to get it!

im so surprised Muse havent already gone for some tshirt design like that.. conspiracy i swear!

I mean, some there are quite creative, and quite cool.. but most people need to start thinking outside the box

Agree, yes they're all good but only 2-3 are unique and something Muse haven't already done in some form.

who chose the shortlist i wonder? i didn't make it on there either, but here's the tee i made for you...for myself i'll be making a drink now

bluezv.jpg

orangenj.jpg

Wow, that is so cool! I can't imagine why it wasn't in the running. Very creative and clever. :)

Was really hoping for something special for OoS at Leeds/Reading, not really sure about the designs that are shortlisted though. :stunned: As others have said, some are very similar to existing merch and most don't really appear to be celebrating OoS or Leeds/Reading. Not sure I'd be interested in buying any of these as a festival limited edition....

Well done everyone who made the shortlist though, I'm nowhere near arty enough to have entered so congrats are well deserved & good luck to the winner for Reading!

Well it's quite fun to read bitching bout your own shirt. ;D

Honestly I don't like mine design too, I sent about five and they picked the worst one. I made an OoS one too and some other I liked more, but what can I do :I

I'm too kind of dissapointed that im ruining it with my butterfly.

Btw mine's the white one, that unoriginal that looks like the already existing one. ;D

Good luck to other finalists, some of their designs are pure great !!

First few things that come to mind when thinking about a competition like this:

The design should be OoS related (duh, but some of them aren't).

The design should be able to be worn by bother genders (I don't think a boy want's to wear a shirt with a butterfly on it. And most importantly, it's an anniversary shirt, so everyone should be able to wear it. BONUS: More shirts sold, more money).

The design should be ORIGINAL (Refer back to butterflies, hexagons and towers).

P.S. Wtf does an elephant have to do with Muse? :wtf:

*generic bitter comment about not making shortlist*

I was really hoping to see more Origin designs....

I like the first one, it's nice to see someone making use of the booklet artwork. I've always loved the one with the men walking in an orderly queue through the door marked chaos, it kind of fits with New Born as well.

First few things that come to mind when thinking about a competition like this:

The design should be OoS related (duh, but some of them aren't).

The design should be able to be worn by bother genders (I don't think a boy want's to wear a shirt with a butterfly on it. And most importantly, it's an anniversary shirt, so everyone should be able to wear it. BONUS: More shirts sold, more money).

The design should be ORIGINAL (Refer back to butterflies, hexagons and towers).

P.S. Wtf does an elephant have to do with Muse? :wtf:

Good points but Matt himself has worn a butterfly t-shirt - not quite as pretty but still. I think it has something to do with the conspiracy theories, it's meant to mean you have been brainwashed by the New World Order or something daft. Don't know if that was the reason Matt wore it.

I haven't looked closely at them yet but I think I like the one with the album covers within The Resistance logo best. It's very striking.

The one with the elephant creeps me out for some reason. I'm not sure I would want that one picked.

maybe they're not wanting too much of an origin theme to it as they think that'll not appear to the casuals at the festivals (i guess 80-90% of the audience won't know or care they're playing oos in full)

or maybe it's a sign the plan has been cancelled in favour of greatest hits deluxe cheese selection

Archived