T-shirt competition finalists revealed

KirkBot

Thank youuuu!!! I like most your first enter! Really cool! It should be at shortlist:)

I'm going to print it myself :phu: and sell them for less than the official merch! Screw the t-shirt competition! :LOL: Anyone want to join my business venture? :D

Very disappointed for one reason, all but one have no relevance to the special occassion that is OoS 10th Anniversary. I was expecting them all to be OoS dominated :/ I can't see how they can pick any but the White anniversary one. I suppose they could pick one of the designs and put the anniversary one design on the back? Also no actual reference to Reading or Leeds. Perhaps they will slightly edit the designs and add the venues and dates etc. And what is with the Hexagon obsession? I didn't make one so I can't complain but still slightly disappointed :(

Very disappointed for one reason, all but one have no relevance to the special occassion that is OoS 10th Anniversary. I was expecting them all to be OoS dominated :/ I can't see how they can pick any but the White anniversary one. I suppose they could pick one of the designs and put the anniversary one design on the back? Also no actual reference to Reading or Leeds. Perhaps they will slightly edit the designs and at the venues and dates etc. And what is with the Hexagon obsession? I didn't make one so I can't complain but still slightly disappointed :(

The one with the Leeds/Reading stage and the crowd is appropriate to the OoS anniversary I think. I prefer it to the white one, that reminds me of Royal Wedding merchandise with all the swirls and the crown on it.

Here are my designs, didn't make it to the shortlist, but at least I finally pushed myself to create something from scratch in Photoshop! :LOL: (The process was horrible, I screwed up some layers so many times and had to try to fix them, at least I now know.)

musedesign.jpg

musedesignalternative.jpg

Here are my designs, didn't make it to the shortlist, but at least I finally pushed myself to create something from scratch in Photoshop! :LOL: (The process was horrible, I screwed up some layers so many times and had to try to fix them, at least I now know.)

musedesign.jpg

Wow... It's definitely hard work!!!;)

I like the first Origin Of Symmetry one, with the festival stage on top and the album art underneath. I really hope that one wins because it's the most suited for Leeds/Reading, in my opinion.

I also like the hexagons design that has the bits of album art on them. Looks almost like a mosaic.

Some of the other designs are "out there" in terms of "How does this relate to Muse?", but I applaud everyone's efforts. They're better than what my non-artistic hands could have come up with.

The one with the Leeds/Reading stage and the crowd is appropriate to the OoS anniversary I think. I prefer it to the white one, that reminds me of Royal Wedding merchandise with all the swirls and the crown on it.

The one with the crown makes me think of Queen merch, not Muse merch. :$

musedesign.jpg

Very complex, definitely looks like you spent a lot of time on it. It's cool :)

The competition did say to celebrate Muse headlining Reading and Leeds... so it does seem odd that as those gigs are going to be OOS, there are so few OOS, Reading/Leeds themed shirts?

Maybe the organisers just wanted to mix it up a bit so all the entries weren't the same? I do like some of the designs but I was hoping for a belter of a shirt and none of them really grab me in that way. :(

Still at least we know it was ok to use Muse related art work :)

And someone is going to know that Muse liked their shirt the best which will be so great for them. Good luck everyone.

Well that's a somewhat disappointing short-list, I certainly wouldn't buy any of those. They nearly all look like existing Muse merch one way or another.

Shame that, bet there were loads of far more inspiring designs.

This was mine. Super amateurish and quite crap really!:$

5998301867_f649b471b5_z.jpg

that's beautiful! :)

who chose the shortlist i wonder? i didn't make it on there either, but here's the tee i made for you...for myself i'll be making a drink now

bluezv.jpg

orangenj.jpg

who chose the shortlist i wonder? i didn't make it on there either, but here's the tee i made for you...for myself i'll be making a drink now

bluezv.jpg

orangenj.jpg

Thank you, mine's rubbish compared to yours! You're a very talented artist. I especially love the 'pillar' with the OoS imagery and i love the way you've decorated the design with lots of starlight sparkles, so pretty. You have put so much thought into it, even a leopard print scarf for Dom! Yours is certainly original too, which is something a bit lacking in some of the finalists' entries. It would be very interesting to know who picked them!

Thank you, mine's rubbish compared to yours! You're a very talented artist. I especially love the 'pillar' with the OoS imagery and i love the way you've decorated the design with lots of starlight sparkles, so pretty. You have put so much thought into it, even a leopard print scarf for Dom! Yours is certainly original too, which is something a bit lacking in some of the finalists' entries. It would be very interesting to know who picked them!

Indeed, it's very beautiful! I love it. :)

Seriously, it looks like they picked random designs for the shortlist :noey:

They nearly all look like existing Muse merch one way or another.

This. I mean, some of those designs are really nice and well done (have I had the time to try and design something, it wouldn't have looked as well done and prfoessionnal as some which made the short list so kuddos to all the people who made it to the shortlist). But in my humble opinion those designs are too much in the Muse comfort zone: designs we've already seen or are already familar with.

I'd buy the gray albums tee.

musedesign.jpg

I quite like that!

bluezv.jpg

orangenj.jpg

:stunned: My god, now this design is brilliant! Original, but with the Muse references. Also, if you wear it, it doesn't scream "Ohai I'm a Muse fan! :awesome:" Much better than one I had in mind (kind of the same idea, but not as elaborate and subtle as yours). I can't believe it didn't make it to the shortlist. :erm:

some of these designs are pretty cool and some are meh..

heres a couple of my efforts, i did front and back versions of various types..

1 - OoS Anniverary MUSE Brit

http://twitpic.com/5zhix8

2 - OoS Anniversary Muse DNA-fied

http://twitpic.com/5zhj3c

Gave it a shot.. at least now i know how to use photoshop and paint apps

361935116-1.jpg.49fcc57a81a3325113c0f8491e782eb9.jpg

361935336-2.jpg.b8b662dd16d49c8cc900023e694e7891.jpg

Archived