Ruled By Secrecy Discussion Thread

NewBornBenny

I read on Muse Wiki ages ago about the meaning behind it as spoken by Mr. Bellamy and it's always fascinated me. Ever since I read it I've always had this mental imagine of whats happened when I listen to the song which personally I think should be turned into a book or something.

But anyway, I wondered where Matt explained the meaning. I'd love to see the interview or something, can anyone help?

He says "It's about this man who's come back from work and he's just shot everyone and killed everyone, and he's come back to his wife with a load of blood all over his hands going 'I've just blown it ... I lost it ... I lost the plot.'

"The reason being because its slowly dawning on him that everything he is doing is out of his power."

and the page link is here: http://musewiki.com/Ruled_by_Secrecy_(song)

Thanks!

The page also states that it could be about the book Rule by Secrecy, if that answers your question about the book. I think I skipped this song too much, too. Sounds like a great song... and a great story. I have no clue about where he said that, as there is no source on the page :L

The page also states that it could be about the book Rule by Secrecy, if that answers your question about the book. I think I skipped this song too much, too. Sounds like a great song... and a great story. I have no clue about where he said that, as there is no source on the page :L

Yeah, I've got the book but I'm after him explaining the rest of this disastrous event than global conspiracy theories.

I was annoyed about the lack of a source too, just hope someone else can source it! :)

One of my favourite muse songs :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This song is probably my favorite off Absolution, although I never liked it that much when I first heard the album. Absolution was one of the first Muse albums I bought and I had to get used to them incorporating piano and strings into their songs (I was more used to pure guitar riffs and solos). Beautiful music with haunting lyrics, what's not to love?

Archived