Muse/Pink Floyd

Kawlie

They are both great bands. Muse probably is the best band right now (in terms of music, lyrics, innovation) but Floyd is much more progresive. They revolutionized music. They created timeless, ageless, etheral and space music 40 years ago that any band have created yet.

Just listen to this, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thwwd3S9rmA

:LOL:

Sure you might think that Muse are the best...but lyrically? Really?

And when it comes to innovation, Muse are nowhere near the best. Which bands are you comparing to really?

And when it comes to innovation, Muse are nowhere near the best. Which bands are you comparing to really?

What are you on about? Just consider the originality in USoE!

What are you on about? Just consider the originality in USoE!

Oh right I forgot about that. A Queen homage and a cover is the definition of innovation.

Don't forget US, putting the New Born riff into a less interesting version of Assassin and then stealing the melody from ABBA, amazing stuff :awesome:

Oh right I forgot about that. A Queen homage and a cover is the definition of innovation.

Don't forget US, putting the New Born riff into a less interesting version of Assassin and then stealing the melody from ABBA, amazing stuff :awesome:

Oh hellz yeah. And that Feeling Good song. I still can't believe that Matt could write such amazing lyrics.

Which song stole a melody from ABBA? I don't recall.

Stealing a melody from ABBA, am I supposed to be convinced that Muse are not worth listening too because of this?

Stealing a melody from ABBA, am I supposed to be convinced that Muse are not worth listening too because of this?

Please read before posting stuff like this. It would save us all so much time and effort of getting you to understand.

He seems to be making the point, that if a piece of music is not innovative (to it's time, culture, genre, whatever), then it is not worth listening too.

:LOL: All I said was that it wasn't innovative. When did I ever say anything about not being worth listening to?

"And when it comes to innovation, Muse are nowhere near the best." What part of that are you getting as "They're not worth listening to"

As a hole, yes. Music+lyrics+innovation.

As a hole, yes. Music+lyrics+innovation.

Can you give an example of these things?

What is it about their music and lyrics that makes them the best? Or is that just your personal opinion?

And I would LOVE to hear you explain in what way Muse are even close to the most innovative bands today.

Can you give an example of these things?

What is it about their music and lyrics that makes them the best? Or is that just your personal opinion?

And I would LOVE to hear you explain in what way Muse are even close to the most innovative bands today.

I think you don´t understand me. I´m not saying that they are the BEST in those terms, what I´m saying is: If I sum lyrics, music and innovation, the result, FOR ME, is hard to compare with other bands i´ve heard.

Of course It´s a personal opinion. It is based in my experience with music.

Sorry for my English...

I think you don´t understand me. I´m not saying that they are the BEST in those terms, what I´m saying is: If I sum lyrics, music and innovation, the result, FOR ME, is hard to compare with other bands i´ve heard.

Of course It´s a personal opinion. It is based in my experience with music.

Sorry for my English...

Your English is fine, don't worry.

That's the thing though, it's the best of what you have HEARD. I bet that if every person always assumed that there would be something better out there, they would be right 90% of the time. There's so much music out there, and people who claim that Muse are the best at something usually haven't even heard a percent of it.

I'm not claiming to know which the most innovative or BEST band is, I'm just saying that there's no way to make such a statement at all.

That's the thing though, it's the best of what you have HEARD. I bet that if every person always assumed that there would be something better out there, they would be right 90% of the time. There's so much music out there, and people who claim that Muse are the best at something usually haven't even heard a percent of it.

I'm not claiming to know which the most innovative or BEST band is, I'm just saying that there's no way to make such a statement at all.

What they're saying is that, as a whole, Muse has the average best of those three things, in their opinion. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying though.

What they're saying is that, as a whole, Muse has the average best of those three things, in their opinion. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying though.

Yes, but my points are still relevant though :p

What band, beside Radiohead, you recommend me to compare with Muse as a hole? No only the lyrics, or music, or innovation.

Pain of Salvation. Some of the best lyrics I have heard, amazing singer, constantly changing and trying new things.

So is it better to claim absolute knowledge impossible and not make any claims or arrive to any conclusions and remain suspended in some form of non-biased limbo in regards to music. I would rather just take a side and argue my point of view.

So is it better to claim absolute knowledge impossible and not make any claims or arrive to any conclusions and remain suspended in some form of non-biased limbo in regards to music. I would rather just take a side and argue my point of view.

No. Why do you keep making statements that makes absolutely no sense?

I can easily say that I know of bands that beats Muse in every area(except personal preference ofc). Therefore I can make the statement that band X is better than band Y in this area. What I can NOT say is that band X is the best in this area. Especially not when you most certainly haven't heard any music outside of your radio station and related artists on lastfm.

No. Why do you keep making statements that makes absolutely no sense?

I can easily say that I know of bands that beats Muse in every area(except personal preference ofc). Therefore I can make the statement that band X is better than band Y in this area. What I can NOT say is that band X is the best in this area. Especially not when you most certainly haven't heard any music outside of your radio station and related artists on lastfm.

I think we can say whatever we want really. I can and will say Muse is the best. No one will ever hear all the music out there. I listen to a lot of music in a lot of different genres. It's always a matter of opinion and arguing about what someone can and can't say as absolute truth is completely pointless because everybody's wrong. There is no such thing as someone being "better" at something than anybody else because it's completely objective. His statement made much more sense than yours sir.

Archived