Morgan Nicholls should be an official fourth person in Muse! Discuss

tyechan

Morgan should be an official forth member!  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Morgan should be an official forth member!

• Yes
    • No

"Muse make such a big sound for a 3-piece band", well yeah, that's because they aren't a 3-piece band.

Most of the comments I have seen here has been about keeping it as it is because they like the thought of a 3-piece band with "such a massive sound". Ehm...yeah, I'm not even gonna comment on that.

Agreed, really surprised at how against this change the voters on this poll are.

It's not like it's even uncommon for bands to have touring musicians with them, but I have to say, I watched a video of Uprising from the first Mexican gig, and seeing Morgan's positioning on the stage made me feel a little uncomfortable.

They go to the effort to make him just visible enough that they can impress upon people that parts of the songs aren't playback, but still draw attention to him not being part of the band.

i can't find the source but i read that years ago, Muse offered Morgan to be a full-fledged member of the band, but he declined happy to help them with the tours. So this thread makes no sense.
So the thread makes no sense because of an obscure quote that you can't find?

Absolutely.

Not to mention that it doesn't affect the purpose of this thread anyway.

I think we all believe Matt should play his guitar for songs like Uprising and Dead Inside. But he decided not to so I guess we make no sense.

I think we all believe Matt should play his guitar for songs like Uprising and Dead Inside.

And the keytar for Undisclosed Desires, don't forget the keytar, for God's sake.

I think we all believe Matt should play his guitar for songs like Uprising and Dead Inside. But he decided not to so I guess we make no sense.

And the keytar for Undisclosed Desires, don't forget the keytar, for God's sake.

Agreed with both of you. The keytar was probably the single most cool thing they did musically during that tour, altoigh I was infatuated with Helsinki jam

Muse create music as a three-piece. I'm fairly sure Morgan doesn't contribute in the studio.

So yeah, why would they need to make him an 'official fourth member'? Like someone above said, loads of bands have touring musicians.

The point I do agree with though is hiding Morgan away on stage, that's a bit unfair. Biffy let Mike Vennart run wild when he toured with them for years.

NIN is a bit different since Trent actually puts together a proper touring band, where Muse is already Muse and at least until T2L Morgan just played the extra stuff.

Last tour Morgan got his fancy little keyboard with MIDI controlled lighting but now he just gets the hole.

Archived