Changes AKA How the new staff team are going to spoil your fun

kev

Just mentioning it because that, to me, enforced the stereotype that you had to dislike Muse to post in Banter

Sad that it is a stereotype buuut it's not true. I know a lot if members who post in Banter that still live Muse, myself included. If someone makes a comment as dumb as that, it's best just to ignore.

I disagree. I don't consider myself "fangirly" and I found it offensive. I thought it was really quite rude to post that sort of thread on Muse's own forum. How do you think the band would have felt if they'd seen it? How would that make you feel if it were about you? What if, for example a group of people on the forum started a thread against a certain poster saying they should leave and never post anything again- how do you think that would be tolerated by the mods?

i'd get over it, it's an online world, with people that you wouldn't ever meet, and if it was that bad, leave the forum.

If the board gets too 'pc', it'll be boring.

I do worry that the changes are going to tread a fine line from improvement and sort of killing the chaos that is this place. I like the chaos that is what makes it interesting from the trouble caused by twats, heated discussions on serious topics etc etc, maybe hopefully they can manage the chaos.

Sadly not all people will get along, it's just not possible because we're all different and I hope you don't just try and nanny people to try and be nice when they clearly have a clash of personalities. Stopping people being a twat is one thing but I don't know...

Anyhow good luck with the reforms I'm sure the improvements won't be so bad. Tis a good thing yes.

No we plan on making changes that'll enrich and stimulate the discussions across the board and make the place friendlier on a day to day thing.

No changes we can make will stop people posting crazy stuff tbh!

No we plan on making changes that'll enrich and stimulate the discussions across the board and make the place friendlier on a day to day thing.

As I said earlier. and on a deadly serious note.

I WANT GLADIS

You should do an april fools by swapping the contents of each forum around so stick MM in Banter and vice versa. Oh, chaos.

As I said earlier. and on a deadly serious note.

I WANT GLADIS

SHE'S MINE!

My bf is about to make an actual Gladis.

You should do an april fools by swapping the contents of each forum around so stick MM in Banter and vice versa. Oh, chaos.

Brilliant :LOL: but it's ruined now!

I don't understand the whole 'Banter is scary' bullshit.

If someone feels nervous about going into Banter, I think that really says a lot more about their somewhat fragile state of mind, as opposed to people in Banter.

I personally have probably posted about 20 posts in Main Muse over my five years on this board. I started posting in Banter first, as opposed to MM, and I was never 'afraid' of it.

Obviously people get ignored. But that's not exclusive to newbies, it happens to nearly everyone. It irritates me when people whine about it like it's a personal insult.

I don't understand the whole 'Banter is scary' bullshit.

If someone feels nervous about going into Banter, I think that really says a lot more about their somewhat fragile state of mind, as opposed to people in Banter.

I personally have probably posted about 20 posts in Main Muse over my five years on this board. I started posting in Banter first, as opposed to MM, and I was never 'afraid' of it.

Obviously people get ignored. But that's not exclusive to newbies, it happens to nearly everyone. It irritates me when people whine about it like it's a personal insult.

A lot of people don't know that it's a regular thing to get ignored/insulted. So they assume that people don't like them.

A lot of people don't know that it's a regular thing to get ignored/insulted. So they assume that people don't like them.

Alright, sticky at the top of Banter saying 'WARNING: you may be ignored or have someone harmlessly take the piss out of you. Enter at your own peril'.

Problem solved.

Or warning, people say things to you online they wouldn't dare say to your face.

One users misunderstand what a mod says in another forum so mistakenly create a thread in Banter. Gets a lot of people acting very negative and not one of them bothers to actually report the thread.

Or warning, people say things to you online they wouldn't dare say to your face.

One users misunderstand what a mod says in another forum so mistakenly create a thread in Banter. Gets a lot of people acting very negative and not one of them bothers to actually report the thread.

It's because it's (wrongly) seen as standard practise and inevitable, plus the people being negative tend to be quite established and respected...

Hope that sentence doesn't cause beef!

It's because it's (wrongly) seen as standard practise and inevitable, plus the people being negative tend to be quite established and respected...

This is true, a lot of the most negative people (not just in Banter) seem to be very respected so reporting them might make one a lot enemies

Archived